the alola gang!

word count: 962

-

our heroes are presently in the alola region, accompanied by professor kukui at the airport. ash had already decided that their first stop would be the pokémon school, where he used to study during his time in the region. eventually, as they arrived, goh had the opportunity to meet ash's friends in person, who warmly welcomed them both.

"welcome back, ash!" they all greeted their friend, enveloping ash in a hug.

"thank you so much, guys! oh, by the way, i'd like you all to meet my research partner and boyfriend, goh, along with a few of his pokémon, sobble and raboot!" ash cheerfully introduced goh to his friends, and goh was quickly surprised by the attention they were giving.

"alola, goh! it's very nice to finally meet you!" mallow approached, extending her hand for a handshake. "could you tell us your favorite dish from the kanto region? i'd love to include it in the welcome party, especially for you as one of our special guests!"

"oh, t-thank you! wait, really?" goh replied, taken aback upon hearing about the welcome party, as he had never been informed about the event.

"hey, is that a rotom dex? it looks different!" sophocles interjected, pointing at the device in goh's hand.

"yes, this is a rotom phone," goh explained as mallow released his hand, exhibiting the gadget to sophocles, who showed clear amazement by the new discovery.

"it's also a phone too? that's incredible! the technology in the kanto region is the best!" sophocles exclaimed, his eyes sparkling with excitement. lillie also showed interest in the rotom phone. "i agree! the rotom phone probably holds more information about pokemons, given the advanced technology in the kanto region!"

goh could tell that sophocles was deeply interested in science and technology, while lillie had a passion for pokémons, and he nodded in agreement with what they both stated.

lana then approached the boy. "welcome to melemele island, goh! ash has told us that you enjoy catching pokémons. let me know if you'd like to catch water-type pokémon; i'd be happy to help!" lana's gaze shifted to the pokémon clinging to goh's arm, eliciting a coo from her.

"sobble is such a cute pokémon! look how it clings to you," lana said, gently patting sobble's head, causing the lizard pokémon to tense up slightly before relaxing under lana's touch.

"hey, I didn't get goh's favorite dish yet!" mallow exclaimed.

"i have more questions for you, goh!" sophocles added.

"how long has sobble been with you?" lana inquired.

goh's cheeks flushed from the attention, feeling somewhat overwhelmed. lillie couldn't help but feel sorry for him as everyone bombarded him with questions, unable to contain their curiosity. once they all asked questions, they wouldn't be able to stop themselves.

ash chuckled nervously and hugged his boyfriend from behind. "guys, calm down, calm down! take it easy; goh won't be able to answer all your questions if you ask them all at once."

they all apologized in unison, realizing they had been too overwhelming for goh.

"no, no, it's okay! i understand you're all just excited. and i really appreciate your concerns," goh reassured them, prompting sighs of relief from the group.

as goh answered their questions and lillie joined in, kiawe called out to ash, flying down on his charizard.

"ASH!" kiawe called before dismounting.

"hey, kiawe! it's great to see you again!" ash waved as kiawe ran over to him, a determined grin on the dark-skinned boy.

"i've been training hard since i heard you were coming back! let's have that battle we promised," kiawe declared eagerly.

ash smirked at his friend's enthusiasm and fist-bumped him. "sure thing! but don't expect that i will go easy on you!"

the rest of the group sweatdropped at the interaction between ash and kiawe. "and there they go again," lana remarked.

goh was initially confused but eventually understood what they meant, chuckling softly.

the day progressed smoothly, with goh interacting more with ash's acquaintances during the welcome party, and he eventually made friends with ash's gang. since goh had a fire-type starter, kiawe became interested in teaching goh the move for firium z; if joining the island challenges to obtain his own z-crystal came to his mind while staying in the region temporarily. goh appreciated the offer and they even had a friendly battle afterwards.

-

as the day came to an end, they found themselves at professor kukui and his wife's house. goh couldn't stop rambling about how good the day and his experience were to ash, making the latter think that it was a great decision to bring him along.

"and you know what? mallow shared some recipes and recommendations with me! i can't wait to try them all when we come back to kanto region. and sophoc-" ash suddenly burst into hearty laughter, causing goh to pout.

"what's so funny about what i said?" goh huffed, crossing his arms. ash shook his head immediately.

"nothing, goh. it's just adorable how you talk about your day. it makes me so happy to see you enjoying yourself here," ash said, giving him a warm smile that made goh blush deeply.

"if it weren't for you, i wouldn't have been able to meet such wonderful people here. they're people i've never had the chance to connect with before, and it's helped me break out of my shell. so, thank you for bringing me along," goh expressed sincerely, making ash's heart flutter.

feeling his cheeks heat up, ash quickly engulfed goh into a tight hug. "let's call it a night; it's been a long day!"

they chuckled and settled down together on a futon, sharing kisses and falling asleep in each other's arms, their love evident in the shared sentiment: "i love you."

++

based from a certain episode in pokémon journeys! still need lots of improvements in my writing T-T