mission failed. successfully?

word count: 876

-

goh possesses the knowledge of witchcraft, a skill passed down through generations by their ancestors. however, these skills were kept secret, as witches are not very welcomed in their society. negative opinions about witches prevail, and in order to be safe, they must keep their abilities hidden and live like normal people.

in contrast to his peers, goh's days are filled with potion brewing and spellcasting. advantages of being a bookworm, he is a very smart student, excelling in all subjects and always earning envy from classmates. unfazed by their jealousy, goh dedicates himself to relentless studying.

similar to typical romantic fantasy tales, goh finds himself enamored with ash ketchum, a popular and accomplished student who happens to be in the same class as him, known for exceptional battling skills and having competed in various gyms and leagues around the region. almost half of the students in their school are infatuated with him, including goh.

despite ash's talents, his academic performance suffers due to his commitments to competitions. when their teacher asks goh to tutor ash to help him catch up on missed lessons, goh is ecstatic. he sees this as an opportunity to spend time alone with his crush and perhaps even win his affection.

love-struck, goh rushes home after school to concoct a love potion based on his family's ancient recipe. with dreamy sighs, he meticulously mixes the ingredients in a cauldron, envisioning a successful outcome.

-

the next day, both of them are at the school library, alone, which makes the witch feel giddy and nervous at the same time. they bring out their textbooks and papers, and goh started teaching the lessons which are the guides given to him for ash. during their session, ash excuses himself for a minute to go to the bathroom, to which goh nods in response. goh attentively watches ash walk out of the library, before his eyes dart to ash's apple juice.

goh gulps slowly. he looks around the area before retrieving the potion from his bag. he grabs the apple juice and removes the cap of the bottle, then takes off the cork from the glass tube and pours the liquid inside. he watches as the potion slowly mixes with the beverage, smiling confidently, believing this will be successful.

goh then immediately closes the cap of the bottle and places it back in its place, putting the empty glass tube back in his bag. just in time, ash finally returns, and they continue their tutoring session.

goh's eyes quickly follow as ash takes the bottle of his apple juice, after mentioning that he was thirsty. goh chanted in his mind repeatedly for ash to drink it as he watches the latter open the lid. ash's lips form a smirk as he places down his beverage without drinking, causing goh to be confused and panic at the same time.

"why didn't you drink it?" goh suddenly asks, gasping loudly before covering his mouth.

'why would i say such a thing?! i will get caught! stupid goh, stupid, stupid, stupid!' goh scolded himself repeatedly, and ash just asks with a wide grin on his face.

"you put something in my drink, didn't you?"

goh stammers in shock, no proper words spilling from his mouth. he then composes himself, needing to calm down first. "w-what do you mean? i didn't put anything in your drink! if i actually did, it's not poison." goh scolds himself once again. 'shit, those aren't even the right words! oh no, i'll get red handed even more.'

ash chuckles and leans closer to the witch. "goh, i may be dense, but i can tell that you're lying."

"but you know, you don't have to do that anyway."

goh blinks several times, getting even more confused. "w-what do you e-even mean by that?"

ash gives him a smile and whispers in goh's ear. "because i've been under your love spell for a long time already."

goh's cheeks turn red, and he immediately pulls away. 'love spell? but i didn't even use any magic on him before! w-wait. does this mean he knows that i'm a witch too?!' goh panicked in his mind.

"h-how did you know that i'm-" goh stammers nervously, and ash suddenly bursts out laughing, echoing around the library.

"calm down, goh. you can actually be a bit careless sometimes. i saw you casting a spell in the secluded part of our school the other day, which happens to be my hangout spot too. buttt don't worry, your secret is safe with me," ash winks at the witch, which just makes the latter's cheeks blush even more, struggling to comprehend what ash has said.

"but, aren't you scared? you're with someone that is feared by anyone.." goh whispered underneath his breath.

"no, i'm not. you're not going to hurt me, right?" ash asked softly, to which goh shook his head in response.

now, with a huge smile on ash's face, he casually offered him an invitation to go out on a date with him. overwhelmed by emotions, goh quickly accepts the offer by nodding his head fast, unable to resist the charm of his newfound romantic interest.

"i knew you wouldn't hesitate even a bit," ash giggled.

++

thank you so much for 200+ reads!