Chapter 53

Kaito (POV)

Explosions off in the distance followed by the screams of my fellow comrades and village folk echo as I turn the corner on the street my apartment building resides. Quickening my pace my apartment building comes into my view. Half of it still stands while the other half is nothing but debris and rubble.

Kaito- Oh god no. Tayuya!!

I leap to the third level upon entering and run to my apartment. The door is in pieces and the ceiling has partly collapsed. I call out for her and receive no answer. I search my destroyed kitchen and living room before making my way to the bedroom. There I find her face down flute in hand halfway under a pile of rubble. I immediately take action by digging her out while calling out her name. Once out I take notice that her legs are completely broken and she's bleeding from the head but still breathing.

Kaito- C'mon. Let's get you out of here and somewhere safe.

I take her in my arms bridal style and leave the apartment just in time as the ceiling collapses more and destroys my home. Once out of the apartment building I head southeast in direction of the hospital but I stop once I catch sight of Eliane helping evacuate citizens.

Eliane- Kaito!

Kaito- (drops down from building roof) Hey Eliane. Can you do me a favor? Can you take Tayuya here to the hospital? She's in pretty rough shape and I need to check in with Lady Tsunade.

Eliane- Sure. No problem. (Takes Tayuya) I'll take good care of her. Don't you worry.

Kaito- Defend her with your life. I love you Tayuya.

With that, I head to the Hokage building. Once there I find Lady Tsunade releasing tons of her chakra as she's surrounded by her Anbu squad.

Kaito- (kneel) Lady Tsunade I've come to receive my orders. I must apologize. I would've been here earlier but I had to make sure Tayuya was safe before I did anything.

Tsunade- What is her condition?

Kaito- Head trauma, broken legs and feet, might be some internal bleeding. She was unconscious when I found her but she was still breathing. I ran into Eliane and had her take Tayuya to the hospital while I came here.

Tsunade- I'll send Katsuyu to meet her at the hospital.

Kaito- Thank you milady. Now, what are your orders?

Before she can respond, one of the Anbu alerts us. We turn to her direction and see what it is.

Anbu 1- Six nose piercings and seven studs in each ear

Anbu 1- Six nose piercings and seven studs in each ear. That's him.

Kaito *mind*- So that's Pain.

I summon Izanagi to my hand and prepare for battle.

Tsunade- You are?

Pain- It's been a long time Lady Tsunade. The last remaining member of the Legendary Sannin. (Tsunade's fist clench) You and I, we have something to discuss.