Chapter 49

Timeskip days later and after the Sentinels incident

Akari (POV)

After our run in with Eight Tails we took off to recover and recuperate in the nearest hideout.

Suigetsu- (currently recovering in a pod) You are so useless. Why did you leave behind my Executioner's Blade?

Karin- Shut up Suigetsu! You should just be thankful that we didn't leave you behind too!

Suigetsu- How dare you. You know you were knocked out just as much as I was Karin.

Karin- I ended up that way trying to protect all of you.

Jugo (kid)- All of us were protecting each other you guys. We're like fish in water. We cannot do without one another. So stop your quarreling.

Nakano (kid)- Seriously. It's getting old and annoying at this point.

Suigetsu-........Yeah alright fine. But anyway, are we really going to get the Tailed Beast's power now Sasuke?

Sasuke- Hmph who knows maybe. But actually we longer need to depend on such things.

Suigetsu- Why's that?

Akari *mind*- Probably having something having something to do with his new powers in his eyes. However with his new powers, I also had some sort of awakening back there. But this awakening is still unnerving. How in the hell was I able to turn Eight Tails to stone? Who was that figure I saw in my reflection in the water?

I'm brought out of my thoughts as Sasuke knocks over his glass of water and holds his face.

Akari- You ok? Something up with your eye?

Sasuke- It's nothing at all.

Karin- Guys, I sense a chakra signature outside. It seems we were followed.

Akari- I got this. You coming Sasuke?

Sasuke- Yeah.

We quickly head out to the chakra signature and get there just in time as a ninja of the Hidden Clouds was sending a messenger lizard. Sasuke kills the lizard with his sword and we corner our tailer.

CN- Please forgive me Lord Raikage. But it appears my tail was unsuccessful.

He's quickly killed and his corpse returns with us to the hideout.

Akari- It's time to move. This was only one but more will come most definitely.

Nakano- What are you gonna do with him?

Akari- We're leaving this corpse here as a message to our pursuers. Now, let's head out.

Timeskip to the next day

Kaito (POV)

Another day, another beautiful morning in the Hidden Leaf Village. And yet again just like any other morning, I wake up in Tayuya's death grip snuggle hold. After having to pry her off of me, I head outside with coffee in hand and take in the fresh air.

Kaito *mind*- Ah this is just nice. A nice cool breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Can't help but think about Itsuki though. I wonder what he's up to right about now.

A little ways outside the village perimeter

A squadron of Leaf ninja are stationed outside the Leaf Village perimeter. Two of the scouts of the squad have just returned with nothing to report. And just as one was about to leave to deliver the report to the Hokage, he comes face to face with man with orange hair and Rinnegan Eyes. That man is the co-leader of the Akatsuki. That man is Pain.