Pokémon Lockdown Episode 20: An Appointment With the Mayor

FADE IN:

EXT. Solitaire City's Beach – Day

26 was looking out in the water at the beach.

NUMBER 26

"This was the location where the challenger Gen and turf leader Vance fought. I don't know why stop to come here?"

26 questioned then turned to stare out to the sea.

NUMBER 26

"I should return back to the mayor. More training will need to be done."

26 begins to walk off but stops as she recalls that moment of Gen and Twil.

NUMBER 26

"That trainer Gen and his strange pokémon. Twil was its name... Hmm..."

Unaware a single tear would slide down her left cheek. 26 nonchalantly wipes her tear away.

NUMBER 26

"How odd..."

CUT TO:

EXT. Evolnort's Island Gravesite – Day

Back on the island, Gen and Twil were standing at a grave site with numbers labeled on the tombstones. He looks and sees all the fallen children who couldn't make it off the island.

JOYCE

"So, this is where they were buried."

Joyce walked up to them.

GEN

"The bastard wanted us to remember what would happen if we failed to survive in the forest."

JOYCE

"At least now they can finally rest."

Joyce stated as she pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

GEN

"You know that stuff will kill you."

Gen looks at her.

JOYCE

"I know. Maybe I deserve to die."

Joyce responded before inhaling from her cigarette and exhaling a cloud of smoke.

GEN

"Joyce, you know we don't blame you for any of this. You helped rescue us and took care of us when we had nothing. Wix, Vance, and I wouldn't be here because of you."

JOYCE

(Sigh) "But I let you kids down the moment I knew you were getting hurt. I left you all in the hands of that monster for so long. Only coming by the island once a month to see less and less of you all. I was a coward, I'll admit."

Joyce takes another puff of her cigarette.

GEN

"Well, giving up your pokémon center and family name to protect a couple of kids. Worked a secret pokémon rental and healing center for people in a crap hole of a city. And you're here now trying to make that bastard pay for what he has done to us. That doesn't sound like a coward to us. Right Twil?"

Gen posed a question, and Twil's response was a confirming meow.

JOYCE

"Hmph, I guess you can be a good kid at times, Gen."

Joyce smiled as she elbowed his arm.

GEN

"Hehe, geez thanks. By the way, where's Cassie and the old man?"