23

"How you feeling my love" Don asked as he drove him and Solei to the building for the repass. Solei was quiet most of the ride but it was expected so Don showed no hard feelings.

"Ehh" she says looking in the car's mirror, her eyes were red and puffy and she silently thanked God she didn't wear lashes or mascara. "Honestly im just glad everything's not a complete disaster".

"Yea" he says grabbing her hand. "You're strong you know."

She sighs before answering, "I try"

"I know and im very proud of you"

Solei flashes him a smile and kisses him on the cheek as they sit at the red light. "Thank you, I was so surprised when I saw Naseem and Taylor  at the funeral. I wanted to say thank you and talk to them, but I was a mess. They'll be coming to the repass too?"

"Yea, they should be somewhere behind us"

"Ok good".

After a while the two pulled up to the repass building; they were there along with some helpers, Naseem, and Taylor.

"You can sit those on every table" Solei says to the woman holding the small pot of flowers.

Solei knew a lot of people were coming, it just aggravated her to know how little people cared for her mother while she was alive now they wanna be number one supporters when she's gone.

'Where was that support when she could barely keep the lights on?' Solei continually thought to herself.

Solei Pov.
"I know that look, Cosa c'è che non va?" Don says, his italian sounding stronger as he speaks in his native tongue.

He's been teaching me phrases and things so it's gotten a lot easier to understand what he's saying.

"I'll tell you later im trying to think positively, thanks for asking though."

"No problem carissima"

I get instant butterflies and suddenly feel a little better. Hearing him call me that never gets old.

"I gotta go get the drinks real quick" he says looking down at me and leaving a kiss on my lips.

"Try not to let nothing bother you today, your doing great"

I smile at his sweet words as he walks away, who would've ever thought I'd be so happy with someone... He's been making sure i was okay all day. He's never left my side and thats not something I'm used to.

"Im so sorry about your momma baby." A older woman says to me, looking at her a little more made me recognize her as my auntie.

I force a smile, "thank you"

"The family gotta get together more." She continues on, but my focus shifted to the corner of the room. It was Don talking to my cousin Maya. Unknowingly my face made a look.

"Something wrong?"  My auntie says catching my attention again.

"Oh no, im sorry, i thought i saw something."

Don's Pov
Standing by the wall was pretty ideal since so many people were grabbing Solei and talking to her, until her cousin Maya approached me.

She was lightskin, a little shorter than Solei, and from what she's told me she's my age. To say they're cousins she's sure too comfortable...I was trying to be nice since they're family and all, but i think she's getting the wrong idea. She lets out a laugh lightly hitting my arm, again.