12

3rd pov.
Solei walks into the hospital, her black scrubs hugging every curve, black crocs to match, and her goddess braids - that she had got done the other day- flowing down her back.

"Good evening Ms. Jones" Solei greets, Ms jones looks up from her computer and gives her a smile. "Good evening" Solei scans her desk, "Ou! Where you get flowers from?"

Ms jones shakes her head and laugh, "I should be asking you that". Solei furrows her eyebrows. "Hm?" Ms jones reaches for the bouquet of flowers that were filled with beautiful red roses. "It didnt say who they were from though, all it says is its to 'me- ya karis-ma" she says squinting trying to read the words. "Huh?" When the flowers reach Solei's hands she reads. "Mia carissima". Her heart sinks knowing exactly who they're from.

"What language that is"

"Italian" Solei laughs a lightly.

Why'd he do this, she thought to herself. "I gotta go find somewhere to put these." Solei says walking away.  As she's walking she's stopped by her colleague, " hey can u go check on Mr. Howard?"  "Sure thing" she says with a head nod.

  ➜
"Hi Mr Howard." Solei says with a smile. His room was dim as he stared at the curtains.

"Hello Nurse Noxx, can u tell me what that time is"

"mhm! Its currently 7:10 pm"

He lets out a cough and grunts as Solei put on her gloves . "Can you turn up the Tv?" He ask

"No problem, did someone already come and wash you up?"  He nods before Solei looks down at the papers in the manilla folder. "So it says you still feel a little pain when you cough, and breath in deeply. Do you still feel pain in your shoulder?"

"Its not as frequent as before"

"Good to hear, as for the rest of the pain im going to supply you with a analgesic.It's a little stronger than the previous meds you've been taking- because it seems as if they are working, but you need the extra help. And if thats not effective we can still do a procedure . And thats just us removing the fluid between your lungs and chest."

"Oh okay." He says nodding his head with a look on his face. "You have nothing to worry about though you've been doing well lately." She reassures him.

He lets out a relived sigh. Solei then does a few check ups on his body, "okay, all done"

"Thank you" he says

" No, thank you" She says with a smile. "Goodnight Mr Howard" solei adds as she departs from the room.

After several more visits to patients Solei did some file work on her computer. She found it hard to focus: her gaze kept going to the flowers, until she remembered. "I forgot to tell him thank you" she deadpanned.

She pulls out her phone and goes to their messages. ' Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful.' she typed

She puts her phone face up and as she continued working, reading documents and so on, she couldn't help but to want him to text back faster. Then again it was 11:35 and he's probably sleep or at least getting ready to go to bed. 5 minutes later her phone buzzed, ' No problem im glad you like them.' He responded.

She waited awhile before she responded. 'You didnt have to'

'Ik i didn't, i wanted to'

They continued texting until he eventually went to sleep leaving her a goodnight text. She honestly didn't want the conversation to end, but she understood how late it was.

Time went by so fast talkin to him because before she knew it, it was her lunch break. Not having anybody to talk to she reallyy wished he was up.

She sat in her car eating chips and a sandwich she had made at home.

Solei Pov.
"Could me and Don be anything more" I say looking at the flowers that i sat in the passenger seat. He's sweet and i really want this to be something more but I'm scared... What if we get together- he gets what he wants out of me, and then he's gone. Real life and romance books are nothing alike. I can't afford to have my hopes up. I cant afford to be let down.

But what what if im just denying myself love. What if I'm the problem. I slump into my seat "ughhh" i groan.

3rd Pov
Every week, for the past 3 weeks Don's been sending Solei a bouquet to her job for her, since she said the bouquet everyday was too much. Don of course didn't think so, but then again if he gifted her the world its self he wouldn't think it was too much for her.

If  anything it wasn't enough. The more she invaded his mind the more he found himself dreaming of her. Solei likewise found herself dreaming of him, she dreamt of them going on dates and everything. He even would pop up in those weird dreams that are just all over the place.

They both started growing more fond of each other, even more than before. They'd FaceTime when time permits, and Don always made it his duty to text good morning and goodnight.

Solei had tomorrow off so what better way to spend her night. She wrapped herself in her robe , grabbed some wine, some chips, put on her chill playlist and cracked open a good book.

Don Pov.
"Did you hear anything from Q's people" Massimo ask me as he smokes a cigar.

"No i supposed they reached out to you"

"Well they didnt" he says with a long exhale of smoke. "It seems as if we have to pay them a little visit, they must've forgotten who we are and what we do."

"Let me guess, you need me to remind them"

He stands up and claps his hands. "See Kid" he says walking my way. I watch him from my seat, "this is why i like you" his hand now rest on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

Seeing my unamused face from his touch he removes his hand. "Learn how to lighten up" Massimo laughs.

I let out a sigh, "what time do you want me to head over there?"

"How about now, whats better than a good old fashion surprise."

" I never really liked Q for real" Naseem says as we stand in front of Q's building.

"Me either i always thought he was a little weird." I say. Naseem laughs and he fastens his gun on his hip. "Yall boys good?" I turn to the guys behind me.

They all say yea or either nod, "Alright then"

We get closer to the building but was stopped when a few gun clicks were heard. Q's people came walking out, about 20 with AR's. "Surprise visit i see" Q says standing in front his men.

"You know why we're here" i say with my hands in my pocket taking a step closer."

"I dont know, care to enlighten me" he says lifting his shirt a little to show his gun.

"You didn't pay what you owe, but i think you already knew that" my men grab there guns, there fingers inching to pull the trigger. "Massimo gave you a chance but i think you've ran out."

Out of my periphery i see i someone running towards my men on the left, they're playing the wrong game. And with that...

Boom!

A gun shot filled the night sky and more bullets ran after it like the tail of a shooting star.

—————-
A/N- We hope you guys have been liking the story so far, thanks for the reads, please vote and comment it really keeps us motivated. Again, thank yall and have an amazing night/day.