22

Don's Pov.
My leg began to bounce as more and more as time had passed. It had been 10 minutes and Naseem and Taylor already went to dance again and Solei still hadn't been back.

I check my watch again and stroke my loose curled hair with my hand. "Somethings not right." I say to my self as i get up fixing my shirt as i leave the Vip section.

I begin making my way through the drunken crowd until i felt somebody grab my hand. Hoping to see Solei sheer disappointment was shown seeing somebody else.

"Hey...Gio, is it?"

I clear my throat releasing her grip off my hand "yea." I say with a confusing look on my face.

"You dont remember me do you?"

"No i dont"

"Can we go to the side its kinda loud right here"

"Im kinda busy right no-"

"It'll only take a few seconds." She smiles

I agree seeing how determined she was. I just only pray Solei is fine. She brings me to the corner of the room. "So what is it."

"I just wanted to say thank you, you and the other guy, whats his name Na..?" She struggles

"Naseem" i intercede

"Yea Naseem, you guys saved me about a month ago. I really appreciate it." She says subtly pulling her red dress down so i can see her cleavage.

"Yea no problem."

"By the way my name is Camille." She says stepping closer.

"Nice to meet you, but ive gotta go my girlfriend waiting on me." I say emphasizing that i have a girlfriend.

"Oh... ok I'll catch you later then!" She says as im already leaving.

I continue walking until i make it outside. I look to the left and i still dont see her. I quickly look to the right and luckily i saw her but when i did my heart broke into pieces.

She looks up at me with the reddest puffy eyes id ever seen. Tears streamed down her moist face and pain was the veil she worn as she silently cried.

"Amore mio, what's wrong" i rushed to her kneeling down as she sat on the bench.

She wraps her arms around me sobbing more and more. Her tears soaked my neck and shirt as still knelt in front her.

"Solei what happened."

"My momma..." she says sniffing. "She just died. And i wanted to come in there and tell you but i just couldnt. I didnt want to ruin everyone else's night and-"

"Sh sh sh" i says stopping her. "Dont worry about that, put this on, its cold." I unbutton my shirt and give it to her.

"But your gonna be-"

"I have a shirt in the car its fine." I pull out my phone and quickly search for a specific contact as Solei looked at me puzzled. I find it and after the phones done ringing for a sec i speak. "I need a jet scheduled to leave in no more than 2 hours to New Orleans."

'But sir-" the voice on the other end of the phone say. "Tonight." I sternly say.

'Okay sir'

I hang up and reach my hand out for Solei. "Come on"

"What about Taylor and Naseem?"

"Ill let him know, dont worry."

She grabs my hand as the car comes pull up in the front. "Here you go sir" the driver says giving me my keys.

I nod and go to open Solei's door before getting in myself.

As she cried in the car i held her hand, kissing it here and there telling her that everything's going to be alright.

It pained me seeing her like this, i wanted to lift all her sorrows from her and it pained even more that i couldn't.

My foot practically slammed on the gas, as i tried to hurry up to go to both of our places to get clothes. We went to Solei's first seeing that my place was on the way to the airport.

When we got in she quickly changed into some joggers and a cropped top. She stuffed clothes in her suitcase as tears still came rolling down. After she got done we went to my place and i put my clothes and necessities in my duffle bag.

"Ok my love let's go."

3rd Pov.
📍New orleans, Louisiana
Time: 3:30 am

The two had just arrived at the hospital and the reality of it all hit more and more for Solei. "Hi, can i see Cassandra Noxx." Solei struggles to say, Don holds onto her hand noticing this.

"Ohh.. you're her daughter, I'm so sorry for your loss, i know this may be really hard for you. Take as much time as you need." The woman behind the desk says

"Thank you, also do you know if they contacted my brother, Jahari Noxx"

"We did actually we called him first seeing he was older, but every time it just went to voicemail"

"Sounds about right" Solei says underneath her breath. Don caresses her hand with his thumb.

"She'll be on floor 2 room B105" she says

"Thank you" Solei and Don say.

Solei lets out a heavy sigh as they walk to the room. "It's sad i knew this was coming..." she sniffs. "Don what am i going to do"

Hearing her broken voice almost brought Don to tears, but he had to be strong for her sake. The closer they got to the room Solei's heart beat grew faster and faster. "I dont think i can do it anymore" She says as they stand in front the door.

"You got this I will be right here with you" Don reassures her.

She slowly approaches the door handle with her hand. She opens the door and continues walking until her body makes contact with the bed. At this point her hand left Dons, he stood there idly both hands in his pocket. He had one mission, and that was to be there for Solei...He hated how he was so accustomed to seeing dead bodies.

She was awfully quiet you could hear no cries, no sniffing, just her standing frozen. "Solei...?" Don called out softly.

She turned towards him and began bawling in his chest wrapping her arms him. He does the same engulfing her standing in silence as she cries. He was never really good at comforting but with Solei he tried his best.

"It will all be okay my love, right now it may not be, but it will"

"But she was the only parent i had left, i have no one now" she cries out.

With every word Don's heart broke, with every tear she cried they called out to him, and before he knew it a tear of his own fell.

2 weeks had past and Solei's mother's body was being preserved while Solei figured funeral arrangements. She tried calling and texting her brother continuously but he didn't answer which only made her anger towards him grow more.

He could not have been that busy, Solei stayed thinking. But luckily for her Don was there and he helped a great deal. "Why are you so good at planning funerals" Solei says trying to joke in hopes of making herself feel better as they sat on the sofa.

"Well," Don sighs "I had my fair share of them"

"Im sorry..." she says instantly regretting what she said.

"No it's fine" he smiles.

"Stop" she says with a laugh. "Stupid cute dimples."

He smiles again placing a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you, like truly i dont know what id do without you. Like how am I, a 23 year old, planning a funeral. Then watch everybody gon' be like they love my momma and they're sorry for me."

"I hate people like that, only support you get from them is at your funeral."

"Sad world honestly."

"Okay what kind of flowers do you want."

"She always liked that champagne light pink color, so those with some light yellow roses."