08

Don Pov.
I received a text from Solei saying she made it, feeling relieved i heart the message. Running my fingers through my hair i continuously think about her. This feeling was so new to me, ive been with many different woman, but she's different.

Naseem's words rang through my head 'you ain't hit that'. Solei wasn't a girl i could just have sex with and not talk to. I wanted more than her body. I wanted her fully.

"Gio." The slender built man in front of me says.

I got up and looked at the man "he's ready for you."

I had to meet with the boss of the East Coast. The boss bailed on the job so I had to do it, but thats not new. He's constantly dumping things on me. I thought to myself as i followed the man to a room.

"Wassam Gio" Marcus says as i enter.

"Marcus." I say nodding my head upwards

"Hows business over there"

As i walk to a seat i sigh deeply "Its ok, its been a lot, but manageable"

"Well look man if you guys ever need anything give me a call. Me and boys got yall.

We continued to talk about dealings, faster routes, quicker ways to get profits, and ect.

In the middle of the conversation the lights started to flicker. "I know i paid that damn bill" Marcus says smacking his teeth. Before we knew it the power went out.

"what the hell" I say getting up.

"Boss" One of the men says busting through the door. "The west wing has been infiltrated and there's a lot of them.

"Oh they wanna play" Marcus says getting up as well with a smirk on his face.

I small laugh escapes my mouth as i put my hand on my gun walking out the room, Marcus following behind me.

3rd Pov.

As Don walked through the building he heard gunshots close. He hides behind the wall giving himself cover as the bullets fly by him through the air. When he heard it was clear he got from behind the wall and began shooting. "Agh" The opposing man groans. Don walks closer seeing that he shot him in the leg. "Wait! Wait!Wait!" The man says begging for his life.

"who sent you" Don says, a cold expression on his face, lifeless eyes staring into the mans.

"I cant tell you"

Don's expression gets colder. He steps on the man leg where the gun shot wound is at pressing harder and harder. "Either you tell me or I'll make you wish you were dead. The man screams louder and gives up after a while "Ja! His name is Ja!" He says with heavy breaths

"Full Name" Don says pressing harder causing him to scream loudly.

"I dont know! None of us knows except for Cal"

"whose Cal?"

"He's the boss's right hand man. They're both here."

"Give me looks"

"Cal is white, a bit buff, buzz cut and a very noticeable tat on his left arm of a girl drinking beer. Ja is a tall black guy, in his early thirties, waves, right now he should be wearing a gray hood. He has a number tattoo on one of his hands. "

"mhm" Don say bringing the gun to the guy's head and shooting him.

The shot caused 2 other men to run into the area "Luke!" they yell "you bastard!" one says pulling out a knife. "come on" he say motioning towards him with the other hand. Don points the gun to the guy but the other instantly yells pulling out his gun as well.

"Dammit" Don says under his breath.

"Put the gun down"

Reluctantly he puts the gun down "Kick it" The guy says. Don does it and grin replaces the killing look on his face. "The hell are you smiling for. "

"because i know that today's gonna be your last day." the guy shoots and misses Don. Don ran toward the one with the knife first. He scratched Dons chin on the left a little bit leaving blood. Don punches him and takes the knife stabbing it in his stomach.

Meanwhile the guy with the gun struggles to shoot, afraid that he'll shoot his comrade. Don took the knife out of the guy and ran to the one with the gun who was still caught up witnessing his friend's death. Don stabs him in the arm releasing the man's grip from the gun causing him to drop it. Don catches it before it falls and shoots the man in the head.

The blood continues to drip down his chin as he turns over to shoot the guy he stabbed.

Dropping the gun, Don walked away.

Meanwhile
Solei's Pov

"Thank you" I say to the driver as he opens the backseat door for me.

"No problem miss, have a good one" The driver say as he closes the door once I got out.

"You do the same" I said as I grab my luggage and head to my mom's front door.

I sent Don a quick text to let him know that I made it. Sighing as i reach the front door, i mentally prepare myself before going in.

Ringing the doorbell I hear the dog bark. The door eventually opens and I look up to see my mom.

"Oh Hi Solei" My mom says.

"Wassup momma." I say reaching for a hug. She looked weak but to see her move around made me a bit happy.

"How ya been baby." She says closing the door behind me.

"Ive been alright, been strange recently though."

My momma laughs but her laughing turns into coughing causing me to go to her aid.

"You alright"

"Yea yea, im fine." She says as i still hold onto her arm.

"Come on let's go sit down."

"No im fine." She says

"Ok.." i say letting her go.

We go to sit on the couch and just looking at her breaks my heart. She genuinely looked like everything hurt and the more i helped the more i was being pushed away. 

"So how's new york."

"Its good, just been busy with work. Thats all i do for real." I say with a little laugh. "Work, eat, read, sleep."

"When i was your age i was doin all types of crazy stuff."

"Like what." I say raising my eyebrow.

"I think you know what i mean." She says with a look and laughing.

"Unt unt momma" i say laughing as well. "Thats just too nasty."

"Aint nun nasty bout it how you think you got here."

"Oh my gosh, just stop." I say shaking my head.

"How come i never hear you talking bout a lil boyfriend."

"Because i dont got one." I say giving her a slight side eye.

"And why is that, my baby very pretty she got it from her mo'."

"I dont know i guess i dont have time, plus you always said no guy was gonna handle my attitude."

"Yea but you young you needa go out and have some fun."

"And what is fun? All these lil boys wanna do is get in my pants. They dont care about who i am as a person so why give them the time of day."

She lets out a sigh "Not all men are like that"

"Thats what daddy did. Got you pregnant, was with us for a lil and left."

Another sigh escapes her mouth "But Solei, you needa have hope, there's some good guys out there. And you'll know when you met the right one."

"I sure hope so..."