17

3rd pov
It's been a few weeks since the two got together and Solei didnt know it at first, but there was a shift in her life: she was more... happier, and those closest around her definitely could tell.

"So ma what you got planned today?" Solei  says walking in Don's place with her phone in her hand and AirPod in her ear.

'Well jenny supposed to come by in a lil bit and help me out.' Her momma says over the phone.

The door caused Don to look up from his papers, a smile painting his face, and hers as wells. They walk towards each other as Solei continues on the phone, "oh thats good, what happened to the other caretaker, whats ha' name , uhh, Toya" She says finally remembering as Don snakes his arms around her waist causing her to giggle.

"Hey my love" he says to her.

"Heyy, you look cute with ya lil glasses on"

He laughs a little bit "i needed them for a few minutes."

'Thats my son in law? ' Solei's momma says so loud Don could faintly hear.

"Maaa!?" Solei exclaims.

"Yes, it is" Don says getting closer to her ear with the AirPod.

"Wait let me just disconnect them"  she says and doing so.  "You on speaker phone now ma"

"Hey Don" she says happily. Solei noticed her mother's fondness of him, it was probably easy for the two to get along cause the negligence of her son.

"Hey Ms. Noxx, how have you been"

"Ive been good baby" she says, her thick New Orleans accents seeping through the phone speakers.

They all continue talking on the phone until her momma's caretaker showed up. 'Well alright baby, jenny just came in, i'll talk to you later.'

"Alright ma"

"Love yall." She says talking to the two.

"Love you too." They say in unison. Solei hangs up placing her phone on the kitchen counter.

Don walks to the sofa and lay down resting the back of his head on the arm of the couch. "Have you been working all day." Solei says

"Pretty much, went to take care of some business and grabbed some papers."

Solei walks by him taking a glance at the papers "property in Buffalo?"

"Yea" he says

"What for?" she questions.

"It's nothing." He says trying to avoid the topic. The papers was for some property in buffalo. A gang didnt need it, they did, perfect opportunity for Don's people.

Seeing her face falter a bit, he calls her closer to him. "Come here."

She moves closer and lays on top of him, making him smile. "Stop with that stupid cute smile of yours."

"What" he laughs causing her to feel every move. She buries her face in his neck. "Whats wrong my love." He says rubbing his finger up and down her arm.

She sighs reluctant to speak, "to be honest... sometimes i feel like you're being really closed off with me."

"Im sorry carissima, i don't mean for it to be that way. I love you, and i dont want you to feel like that. All i can say is trust me"

Solei's mind flooded with different things. She was sure he was doing something, what, she didnt know. Solei wasn't stupid, she was smart, but she also believed in Don.

She felt safe and she knew he'd never put her in harms way. She lift up a little so now they're looking eye to eye. "I trust you."

"Good" he smiles placing his hand on her cheek slighting rubbing it. They kiss, their lips so in sync with one another's and after a few seconds they depart.