~Chapter 17~

After a few minutes, she got back

"Y/N, you know the stronger this alcohol is, the worse it's going to burn right?" She asks with a concerned look on her face.

"Of course I do, but I also know that it will make it harder for an infection to set up, so a little pain is nothing." You answer back with a smile. "Here I can do it myself, I know you aren't licensed to do it, so give it here." You say taking the items from her hands.

"Are you sure, I can tell someone how to do it if you want me too." She says, slightly concerned that you are about to sew yourself up.

"The only person in this room whose hands can touch me is Mikey, and there is no way in hell I'm letting that dimwit sew me up. Just tell me when I'm at the corners of the wound ok?" You say making yourself and Sakura laugh.

After about five minutes you had disinfected the wound, which hurt like a bitch, and sewn it up, which also hurt, but you didn't have a knife sticking out of your back anymore, so that was close enough to a win for you. And not even two minutes after you got done, the light to the operating room turned off. And everyone began to gasp.

"We were able to save his life. The operation was a success" The doctors announce, making most of the room cry, save you and Mikey. After hearing that, Mikey walked out of the room. You knew he was going to go somewhere where he could be alone for a little while, so you were going to give him some time. You doubted that anyone else even saw him walk out of the room. You turned to Hinata and Emma to celebrate. While everyone else cheered as well.

"All right, that's enough, let's go tell the guys outside the news." Mitsuya said, bringing up the tone of the room even more. And with that everyone ran outside but ​​Takemichi, Peh, and Mitsuya. You assumed that Peh felt he couldn't face the group, so you decided to wait on the three of them.

When they finally arrived, ​​Takemichi stood with you, Emma, and Hinata, as they discussed that it was past midnight and was already the next day. After that comment, ​​Takemichi decided to be weird again.

"Woah, so it's already August 4th." ​​Takemichi said as he fell to the ground, only to sit there in thought for a moment or two. You were on your way to find Mikey when you saw ​​Takemichi get up and head start looking for Mikey himself. As you followed the crybaby, he stumbled upon Mikey, exactly where you expected him to be, and he was crying.

You saw ​​Takemichi stop and stare for a minute deciding what to do. When it looked like he was going to go talk to Mikey, that's when you decided to stop him.

"Hey ​​Takemichy, why don't you quit your stalking and go home like everyone else. Don't you think it's a little creepy to be looking for people when they clearly don't want to be found." You whisper, making ​​Takemichi jump out of his skin.

"Oh-h Y/N, I didn't know you were behind me. He's crying. Mikey is... crying." He repeats, seemingly in utter disbelief.

"Listen just cause you do it all the time doesn't mean you own the act of crying you know. He thought he was going to lose his bestfriend, that would make me cry too. Now why don't you go home and let me talk to him ok. And if you repeat anything you just saw, it will be you in surgery next time. Got it?" You warn, not joking in the least. Fortunately, it seemed like ​​Takemichi took the hint, and waved bye as he began to head home.

After you were sure ​​Takemichi was gone, you walked over to Mikey, who was still sobbing.

"Kenney, this is messed up. Don't scare me like that, you asshole." He cursed between his tears.

"Hey Mikey, um... you ok?" You ask quietly, trying not to scare him.

"Shit- Y/N, you weren't supposed to see this." He said, trying to wipe the tears from his face.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. I promise, everything is ok now." You tell him, helping to wipe the tears from his eyes.

"N/N, I was so scared, I thought he was going to die. I don't know what I would have done. I don't know how I could have gotten through that." He leans on you as he starts to cry harder.

"We would have gotten through it together Mikey, I promise. But we don't have to. He's fine so I want you to stop thinking about what you would have done. You don't ever have to think about that again." You reassure him.

"N/N, it wasn't just Kenny I was worried about! You were hurt too. You were really hurt and I didn't do anything about it." He continued, tears still streaming down his face as he looked up at you.

"Oh Mikey, I'm ok too, see?" You stand up and show him the wound on your back. "It's going to take a hell of a lot more than just a silly little knife to take me away from you. Draken and I are perfectly fine, more or less, so don't keep tormenting yourself with buts and ifs, they don't matter, we matter, and we are still here." You explain with a smile. This finally seemed to calm him down.

"Thanks N/N, I don't know what I would ever do without you." He says as he hugs you.

"I don't know, probably die, along with the rest of your gang." You laugh as he hugs you tighter, hitting the wound on your back. "OW! Fuck Mikey that hurts! Dude I said I was fine, not that I was a fucking god, now move your damn hand." You laugh as you slide his hand just a little lower.

"Sorry sorry, I'm not used to you actually being hurt." As he said this his whole tone changed. "Y/N, I'll never let you get hurt like that again." He said with a serious expression.

"Yeah fucking right. Don't lie to me like that. There wasn't anything you could have done, besides not letting me fight. And after tonight, I don't think I can give up that rush again. It was exhilarating Mikey, I haven't had that much fun in a really long time." You explained, for the first time, being honest with yourself about the rush you got from the fight.

"But, you got so hurt, I don't want you to have to deal with that again." He pleaded.

"Mikey, you get hurt all the time, and besides I'm fine. And it's not like you can keep me from fighting. But, I promise I will only fight alongside Toman, where you can keep an eye out for me, ok?" You tell him more than asking. You want to make sure he knows that you're going to fight, but you still want him to know you're safe. "And besides Mikey, we both know I can hold my own, so don't worry about me." You laugh, getting a laugh in response.

"Hey Mikey, did I ever tell you that your an amazing fucking leader?" You ask, half joking half not. "You managed to comfort everyone in that room that Draken would be ok, even though you didn't believe a single word you said. They believed you, and I did too." You say with a smile.

"Do you really mean that?" he said with a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

"Of course I do, dumbass. It was incredible. It even sent chills down my spine. You even got the crybaby to stop crying, do you know how truly amazing that is?" You shout with a laugh.

"Yeah maybe you're right N/N. You know, you would be a good leader too. What Hanma said got me thinking, you really are amazing, but no one knows about you, not even members of the gang that you are literally the co-leader of." He starts. The two of you have had this conversation before nearly a hundred times, but he always insists you take a position in Toman.

"Mikey, we've talked about this. But maybe you're right. I'll seriously think about it this time, ok? I'll be at the next meeting, possibly hiding, but I promise I'll be there, we'll see how I feel that day." You say rolling your eyes, a small smile playing on your lips.

"You really mean it N/N?!?" He said like a child, with a sense of wonder in his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, now calm the fuck down, we need to go home." You say, sensing that he felt better about everything. Besides it was midnight and you needed to go home and go to sleep, and, even if he didn't want to admit it, he did too. After a little convincing, Mikey took you home, then went home himself, ending the almost tragic night.