PCB PT 1 - 'I'm riding solo, I'm ridin solo, solo (yeah)'

May 1st, 2002...

"NOTICE!" The system shouted. Michael took a deep breath, and groaned, opening his eyes. He saw the bright screen. A 24 hour timer appeared infront of him, "The Perfect Cherry Blossom Event has begun. Failure to complete will have negative consequences."

"Ugh..." Michael groaned. He stood up, and began putting out his anime AF outfit, "I have a feeling Claus isn't even awake..."

"Should we even invite him?" Spectre asked.

"Your awake?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. but think about last time..." Spectre said, "Just because he can respawn...doesn't mean dying doesn't fucking suck."

Michael paused, looking down at his goggles. Maybe he was right. Dying DID suck...and Michael doubted Claus was anywhere near his level. If Claus had come with him, he'd probably just get in the way, or just do what he could but slower. Michael squinted his eyes.

"Damn...your right." Michael said. He continued standing there, quite and alone. But then he smirked, "Fine. That's fine...The Lavender Magician doesn't need any help anyways!"

"I thought we were going for 'The Lavender Devil'?" Spectre asked.

"Interchangeable depending on who's in control." Michael said. He quietly walked through the house, and quietly closed the door. He then floated into the air with his magic, "I'll take care of this before daylight. Let's d-"

"And where are you going at this hour?" A voice asked. Michael twirled around, seeing Ran.

"Oh uh, hey Ran. I just uh..." Michael stumbled.

"What are you taking care of? It's cold, and there's snow everywhere." Ran said.

"I...well I uh...you see...I have a prank to set-up on Claus!" Michael said. Ran gave him 'the look', which sent shivers' down even his spine.

"Go back to bed. Now." She told him. Michael sighed, floating back down in defeat.

"HAHAHAHA!" Spectre laughed.

"Shut. Up." Michael mumbled, "And keep a track on the time. 6am sharp."

"Got it." Spectre said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael once again snuck out, this time floating above the ground to be as quiet as possible. He got into the air. He then began flying out at a relaxed speed. He could fly much faster then this, but chose not too to conserve energy. He wasn't sure how tough the competition would be.

"Quest Change." The system popped up, giving him a compass, "Recruit new player. Save from corruption."

Michael sighed, speeding up slightly with a red burst behind him. From the ground, he probably looked like a red glow in his mind. As his eyes darted around, he left the forest of magic and began flying over towards a large field of sunflowers.

"Ah shit." Michael said, "Is this Yuuka's domain?" Michael stopped as the compass went haywire. He looked down, squinting his eyes, "...I don't see anyone. But the quiet says to come here...is he in the flowers? Oh boy."

Michael lowered himself to one knee, putting his hand onto the man. There was no...corruption from him. He started using his healing magic, healing any minor wounds. The man groaned, before sitting up, and turning to him.

"...Michael? I didn't think we'd meet in the afterlife." The man said, looking around.

"Actually we're in Gensokyo...who are you?" Michael asked.