Chapter Seventeen: School Festival Roles

"Hey, you guys," Kirishima greets the rest of the class as we walk into the dorms.

The five of us from the raid team just finished our make-up lectures and homework for all the days we missed while doing our work studies. It wasn't hard, but it's more annoying to stay and do extra school a couple times a week.

Izuku apologizes for us all, "Sorry we're showing up so late."

"We finally made up the classes we missed during our work studies, and now we can help out for real!" Ochako says.

"Ribbit."

Mina sprints over to us, an excited glint in her eyes. "Let me fill you guys in on the details!" She quickly explains everything we missed.

"I see," Tsu says after Mina informs us about the ideas for the festival. "So we've decided to go with rave rock club music for our performance?"

"Having Jiro on the bass and Yaoyorozu on keyboards makes sense for sure, but…" Kirishima trails off.

Ochako quickly finishes his thoughts. "Bakugo on the drums is kind of, uh, how do I put it..?"

Hagakure pipes in with a, "Shocking."

"You got a problem with me?!" Kirishima, Ochako, and Tsu quickly shake their heads back and forth in a 'no' at Katsuki's question.

"Oh! Katsuki's amazing on the drums!" I boast, knowing how much practice and dedication he has put into the small hobby. Even if he won't admit it, he definitely enjoys playing it. "We used to perform for our parents all the time as kids! Remember that Kats?"

"Shut your mouth, Brat."

"Question. Who'll be singing?" Tsu asks, bring us back to the topic at hand. "Isn't that the most important thing?"

Jiro shakes her head no. "Well, we haven't figured that part out yet."

"Huh? Doesn't it have to be you, Jiro?" Jiro makes a sound of surprise at Ochako's forwardness.

"Lead singers get all the chicks. I could do it," Mineta suggests.

"Just imagine a singing disco ball. C'est magnifique!" I sweat drop at Aoyama's words. I'm not sure I want to know what he is talking about.

"Guys! Not to brag, but I'm a pretty awesome singer!" Kirishima states, before breaking out into song. "Tough guy captain of the ship. Stand up tall. Cuz you are the manliest–"

"Yeah, that's not the right genre," Ochako cuts him off, sweat dropping.

I turn away from the redhead, chuckling into my hand loudly. I lean my forehead against Izuku's shoulder to keep myself up right. My laughter gets louder when Mineta starts shouting random noises as his demonstration of singing. Aoyama adds on with a long 'ah' noise as his own 'demonstration'. "Oh. My. God."

When I finally calm down from my laughing fit, I see Kirishima smiling at me softly. I've slowly been getting over my crush on the redheaded boy, but I don't think we will ever be able to go back to how close we once were. I don't want to risk falling for him again. He's too sweet, kind, handsome…

'Bad Y/n!' I shake my head lightly, quickly ridding myself of those thoughts.

"Oh, boy. I'm with Ochako. It's gotta be you, Jiro!" Hagakure says, placing a hand on Jiro's shoulder. "When you were teaching us how to play instruments in your room, your singing was super cool! I know you'll bring the house down!"

"Come on. It wasn't that great. Maybe we…"

Hagakure cuts off Jiro by shoving a microphone into her face. "Hey, look, a mic!"