Chapter One: Hospital Visit

My footsteps echo in the quiet hospital as I speed walk to the room the nurse told me my best friend was in. My feet can't seem to get me there quick enough.

"307, 308, 309... Ah, there it is! Room 310!" I mutter under my breath, my face lighting up slightly for only a moment. I yank open the door to the room, not caring about knocking at this moment. The only thing I care about right now is seeing my best friend. My head whips around the room, searching for him.

"N/n-chan!" Izuku shouts, surprised to see me standing in the doorway. "What- what are you doing here?"

"You big dummy!" I shout, the tears finally start dripping from my eyes at the sight. Izuku has both arms completely bandaged up. He's got bandages wrapped around his head and chest, and a bandage on his cheek. "You scared me half to death!"

Izuku's eyes widen, probably from the tears spilling from my face. I've never been one to cry over much, but the thought of losing someone so important to me broke me.

"I'm sorry! I'm okay!" Izuku struggles to sit up in bed, trying to calm me down.

I use the back of my wrist to wipe the tears away before launching myself into Izuku. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tightly, afraid he might disappear if I let go. "You two are going to be the death of me, I swear..."

Izuku tenses slightly before returning my hug. "I'm sorry I couldn't save him."

"It's okay," I reassure him as I pull back from the hug sniffing. "That dumbass is strong. I know he will be fine, I just can't help but worry about him."

Izuku nods, silently agreeing to my statement. "What are you doing back home anyways? I thought you were supposed to be in America for a few more weeks?"

"When mom called me yelling about how my 'idiot brother' got himself kidnapped and your mom called, telling me about you ending up in the hospital again, I got the earliest flight back home. No way I could stay there while all this was happening."

Izuku nods, finally giving me a tiny smile. "It's good to have you back. I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too." I rub away the last few remaining tears, smiling back at him. "Do you want me to use my quirk..?"

"No! Don't waste your energy on me," Izuku cuts me off. "The doctors are doing a good job fixing me up."

I nod curtly. "If you say so."

Soon enough, Izuku and I are both sitting on his hospital bed criss-cross applesauce facing each other, so close our knees are touching. I finally have him smiling as he tells me all about how his experience at UA and mastering his quirk is going. I decided he can tell me what happened later. Right now I just want to cheer him up. I listen silently, realizing how much I've truly missed home while being away this last year. I lean forward slightly, holding onto Izuku's bandaged hands. He doesn't say anything about it and just keeps talking, used to me doing this often.

"I never did tell you what I chose for my hero name."

"No you didn't. What is it?"

"You're not going to like it much right away, but I after a lot of consideration, I decided to go with the name..."

"Hey, Midoriya! You're finally... Whoa, who's your pretty friend?" An unfamiliar voice questions, causing both Izuku and I to glance at the doorway. Several people stand there, some with wide eyes and others looking completely confused.