Chapter Two: Rescue Mission

The sun is just about to set when I finally leave Inkos to head home. I glance down to my phone, looking at my open messages with Izuku.

Me: Don't do anything stupid.
Read: 2 hours ago

'If he isn't responding, that means he already made up his mind to go with the others and doesn't want me to know.' I groan, knowing exactly what I have to do. Changing my direction from my parents' house, I begin to jog towards the hospital. I just hope I can make it in time before they leave.

After about 10 minutes of running, the hospital is in my sight. I walk towards the entrance slowly, trying to catch my breath. "Man, I need to start running more."

"Why are you trying to make the same stupid mistakes I made? Didn't you two learn?"

I blink, trying to think where I've heard that voice before. It sounds familiar, but I can't seem to remember who it is.

"What are you talking about?"

"We are still just students."

I poke my head around the wall to the entrance of the hospital, seeing Izuku, Glasses, Kirishima, Todoroki, and a new girl standing around in a circle. 'Ah! Glasses, that's who was talking. Looks like I made it just in time.'

"And UAs in a bad position as it is. Anything we do will reflect on our school! Don't you get that?"

Izuku walks forward towards Glasses, "Iida, we have to. I know you don't like us breaking the rules, but–"

My breath hitches in my throat when Iida steps forward and punches Izuku across the face. "Izuku!" I rush from my spot straight to Izuku, making sure to ram my bodyweight into the side of Iida, successfully knocking him over. I grip onto Izuku's arms to keep him steady so he doesn't fall over. "Oh my god! Are you okay? Does it hurt?" My hands grip the sides of his face, inspecting the spot where he was punched.

"N/n-chan, what are you doing here?" Izuku asks, putting his hands on my shoulders to try and calm me down.

"When Inko told me you were staying another night in the hospital and you didn't respond to my text, I got worried you were gonna do something stupid. So, instead of going home, I came here first." My fists fall to my sides, and I clench them, trying hard to keep my tears in. "Besides, if anyone is going to rescue that big dummy, it's gonna be me! I'm coming with you and you can't stop me!"

Izuku is silent for a moment before lightly sighing. "Alright. You can come with me."

"Good, cause I wasn't taking no for an answer." I turn around, now much more calm than I was a minute ago. I still send an angry glare towards Glasses, though. It seems the others continued talking without Izuku.

"Yeah, we'll be stealthy. I'm talkin' covert ops here. We can rescue him without breaking the rules." Kirishima says, trying to convince Iida to let them go.

The new girl speaks next, "I trust in Todoroki's judgment, but… still. Things could always go wrong. So I'll join you as backup. I'll stand behind my classmates."

"You can't be serious!" Iida seems to be in shock at her words.

"You're the best!" Kirishima exclaims.