Chapter Fifteen: Study Sesh

I walk over to Mina's desk after the bell rings. "Hey. Are we still on for our group study tonight?"

Mina's eyes widen at my words. "Shoot. I forgot about that. Toru invited me to go to get Boba with her after school."

"It's okay. I can just study with Sero and Kaminari tonight." I flash an understanding smile.

"I can't study tonight either," Sero says, catching my attention. He walks up to me with Kirishima and Kaminari following close behind. "I promised Kirishima I'd do some extra training tonight."

I shrug at his words. "Alright. I'll just study by myself if everyone wants to bail out."

Kaminari moves next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I'm still down to study with you."

"Are you planning to actually study? Or just flirt with me all night?"

"Both," he claims proudly.

I roll my eyes but can't help the chuckle that leaves my mouth. "Fine, let's get moving. We will start with the English homework."

"Ah, man. I suck at English."

"That's why we will start there. Get your worst subject out of the way first."

"Oi! Dunce Face!" I turn my head to the side to see my angry brother stomping towards us. "Hands off!"

"Jeez, why do you always have to yell?" Kaminari questions, removing his arm from my shoulders.

I can't help my laughter at the question. That seems to only make Katsuki even more upset.

"I'm not always yelling!"

"You just yelled again," I state, earning a flick on my forehead. I rub my forehead where it was assaulted. "Asshole."

"Quit letting people be so touchy with you. It's disgusting."

I stare at Katsuki with a harsh glare. I'm not in the mood to listen to him yell at me. "Kaminari. Grab your shit. We are leaving."

"Yes, ma'am."

As soon as Kaminari has all his stuff, I grab his hand and drag him out of the classroom. I can hear my brother yelling and small explosions going off, but I never give him the satisfaction of turning around to look.

Once we arrive at the dorm building, I let go of Kaminaris hand. "You can go get changed first and meet me at my room. We can just study there since it's just us."

"Sounds good," he says, a small blush on his face.

After an hour of studying, Kaminaris finally lost all focus on school work. He actually studied longer than I was expecting. Now, he is currently looking at all my hero figures and other random things I have on display. I don't really care too much, seeing as the boy isn't going through my closet or anything personal.

"Woah! You play guitar?"

I look up from my schoolwork to see he found my electric guitar sitting in the corner, hidden by my bookshelf. "Yeah. I've been playing since I was like 8."

"That's so cool. Can you play something for me?"

"I dunno. I haven't played in over a year." The last time I picked up my guitar and actually played was just before I left for America. I finally pulled the case out from under my bed and took it out the other day, hoping I could get some motivation to play again. So far, nothing has motivated me enough to actually play. I've just played a few chords and called it quits.

Kaminari picks up the guitar by the neck and brings it over to my bed. He uses his other hand to move my school work away from me. I just watch in amusement. "I bet you're awesome! You can just play something simple." He gives me his best puppy dog eyes, silently begging me to play.

I let out a small groan, giving into his pleading. "Fine. Only one song, though." I set my schoolwork on the floor and sit cross-legged.

Kaminari grins happily as I grab the guitar from him. I position it properly in my hands. I think for a moment, trying to decide what song to play. Finally, I come to the decision to just play the first song I learned fully. I take a deep breath, letting my fingers go on autopilot. It only takes a few seconds for Kaminari to recognize the familiar tune.

"Is this Hey There Delilah?" Kaminari's eyes light up in amusement at the thought. He moves from standing beside my bed to sitting in front of me.

"Mhm. It was the first song I learned how to play all the way through."

Kaminari stares at me with a soft smile. "You are amazing."

My face heats up slightly from the compliment. The way he said it so genuinely makes me feel good. A small knot forms in my stomach.

Playing the last few notes, I use my hand to brush a piece of hair back behind my ear. "Thanks, but I'm really not. Jiro is way better on guitar than me."

A deep frown settles on Kaminaris face. "Don't do that."

"Huh?" I look at the blond boy confused. What is he talking about?

"Don't compare yourself to other girls. You are so amazing."

I know that my cheeks are bright red now. No one has ever told me that with such confidence. Maybe there is more to Kaminari than just a flirt. Maybe I misjudged him.

Luckily, Kaminari doesn't say anything about my red cheeks. "Can you play another song?"

I go to say no, but hesitate. Maybe another song isn't such a bad idea. "Okay. Any requests?"

I play a few more songs for Kaminari. He slowly moves from sitting to lying his head in my lap, his legs dangling off the end of the bed. He is staring up at me with such a soft look in his eyes. It's making it hard to concentrate on the song when all I can think about is the blond boy staring at me.

'No way Kaminari actually has feelings for me. Mina is wrong.'

I let my eyes glance down, seeing Kaminari let his eyes close and a goofy smile on his face. 'He is really cute, though.'

I quickly look away. My breath hitches, and my heart stops beating for a second.

'Holy fuck. Don't think like that! I have got to stop falling for my brother's friends.' I internally scold myself. I take another small glance at Kaminari. They are all so sweet, though. Makes it hard not to.

"Take a picture, I'll last longer," Kaminari flirts while smirking. He opens one eye to catch me staring at him.

My eyebrows furrow together, my head snapping away from looking in his direction. "You were staring first."

"Is that an invitation to take a photo of you?"

"Shut up!"

Kaminari starts laughing at me, causing my burst of anger to slowly diminish. There is something about this boy that makes it hard to stay mad at him. I let myself turn to face him again, seeing his phone held up, and a 'click' noise can be heard.

"Did you seriously just take a picture of me?"

Kaminari grins, staring at the photo. "You look great. Think I found a new wallpaper." He turns his phone towards me. On his screen is a photo of me smiling softly.

I hadn't even realized I started smiling again. I can't help the small chuckle that leaves my lips. "You are something else."

"Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing?"

"It's definitely a good thing."

Kaminari lets out a sigh of relief. "Will you play one more song?" He stares up at me with big pleading yellow eyes.

I run a hand through his hair and ruffle it up. "Fine, one more."

He gives me a dazzling smile, making my heart skip a beat. I internally groan at the feeling of a small knot forming in my stomach.

'Shit.'