The Jedi: Pt 2

Me, Ahsoka, and the Child all sat around a light

Me, Ahsoka, and the Child all sat around a light. Mando paced a few feet away. Both her and Child just just stared at each other. Not making a sound.

She turned to me. "What's your name?"

"Mara...."

"Your necklace." She motioned with her hand. "That's a Fire Crystal, yes?"

I nodded.

"Can you use it?"

"Like him?" I gestured to the Child. "Only a little, But I can shift no problem."

She smiled and glanced over at Mando. "Dose he know what you can do?"

"To a point." I sighed. "He doesn't like me doing it though."

She nodded and motioned for me to stand. She picked up the Child and the light, walking over to where Mando stood. She sat the Child on a rock and I sat next to him.

"Is he speaking?" He asked Ahsoka. "Do you understand him?"

"In a way. Grogu and I can feel each other's thoughts."

"Grogu?" Both me and Mando questioned at the same time.

Almost instantly the Child turned in our direction.

"Yes. That's his name."

"Grogu." Mando tried and the Child turned to look at him again.

"He was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden." She paused and Mando sat down. "Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memory becomes... dark. He seemed lost. Alone." She paused again. "I've only known one other being like this. A wise Jedi Master named Yoda."

She smiled down at him. "Can he still wield the Force?"

"You mean his powers?" Mando asked.

"The Force is what gives him his powers. It is an energy field created by all living things. To wield it takes a great deal of training and discipline."

"I've seen him do things I can't explain." He glanced at me. "Both of them." He was quite a moment. "My task was to bring them to a Jedi."

"The Jedi Order fell a long time ago." Her voice seemed sad.

"So did the Empire, yet it still hunts them. They need your help."

My eyes fluttered closed and I leaned against the rock.

"Let them sleep. I'll test them both in the morning."

                                          ~🌘~

We followed Ahsoka to a more open area. Mando held the Child, Grogu while I stood next to him.

"Let's see what knowledge is lurking inside that little mind." She booped the Child's nose.