The Rescue: Pt 1

This beautiful art of Mara by Ninjagoteen ——————————————•—————————————

——————————————•—————————————

The sound of blaster fire reached my ears. Len flanked by two storm troopers walked into the cell. I glared at them. My bound hand gripping my Crystal tightly.

"Have you made your choice?" He asked.

"I'm not leaving him." I said coldly, my face void of emotion.

"Then you will come with me."

I don't move and the troopers walk forward, grabbing my arms and dragging me out of the cell. I fought back against their grip but they held me tightly.

They dragged me into a different cell. My eyes widened when I saw a little green child, looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Grogu..." I mumbled, relief running through me.

His hands were cuffed just like the last time I saw him. He coo'd and reached out towards me. I wanted to hold him close, shield him from these people.

The troopers dropped me in front of him and chained my hands to the ground.

"What now?" I glared up at the white haired man.

"We are going to wait for that Mandalorian friend of yours." A voice echoed.

Not even a moment later the Moff walked in. Black armor covering his body. He stepped next to me and the Child before activating the dark saber over our heads.

Len stood on the other side. Glaring down at me with his stormy grey eyes.

~🌓~

The door slid open, standing in the threshold was a shiny Beskar clad warrior. His blaster aimed at Gideon.

"Drop the blaster." Len ordered.

"Slowly." Moff continued.

Mando lowered his blaster to the ground, his gaze never leaving us.

"Now kick it over to me." Mando kicked it over. "Very nice."

"Give me the kids." Mando ordered.

"The kids are just fine where they are." Len responded bluntly.

Moff swept the saber over our heads. I could feel its heat. "Mesmerizing, isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-Katan."

Mando stiffened.

"Yes. I know you've been traveling with Bo-Katan. A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launcher has fired its one and only salvo."

"Where is this going?"

"This is where it's going." Len growled, his crystal glowing. Not as brightly as mine could though.

"I'm guessing that Bo-Katan and her boarding party have arrived at the bridge, seeking me or, more accurately, this." Moff gestured to the saber. "But I'm not there. And I imagine that they've killed everyone on the bridge, being the murderous savages that they are. And now, they're beginning to panic. You see, she wants this. Do you know why? Because it brings power. Whoever wields this sword, has the right to lay claim to the Mandalorian throne."

"You keep it. I just want the kids."

Len growled, his eyes narrowing. Gideon held up his hand to tell him to stand down.  "Very well. I've already got what I want from them."

"These children are extremely gifted and have been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy."

Mando looked over at us. I wanted nothing more then to run into his amor covered chest. To feel protected again.

"I see your bond with them. Take them but you will leave my ship immediately and we will go our separate ways."

Mando walked over to us. Just as he reached down to unchain my hands, Gideon activated the Dark Saber.

"Mando!" I screamed.

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. One more chapter left in the season!
Wc:581
Thank you for reading
K out!