The Gunslinger: Pt 1

I held tightly onto the Child as the Razor Crest swerved through space

I held tightly onto the Child as the Razor Crest swerved through space. A Bounty Hunter had caught up to us and was giving chase. Red lasers zoomed past the ship as Mando dodged the fire.

"Hand over the Children, Mando." The hunter said over the coms.

Then a blast hit the right wing.

"And I might let you live."

The sudden jolt from the impact almost made me fall out of my seat, but I had one hand holding the Child and the other latched onto the seat, like Velcro.

Mando didn't reply and continued to try and evade the fire from the hunter ship. Then another blast hit the left engine. The Child almost flew out of my arms as alarms started blaring.

"Hold on." Mando told us.

"I've been holding on!" I yelled back.

The ship started to spin. I felt the ration bar I had to eat rise to my throat. I let go of the seat to hold my hand over my mouth.

'Don't puke, don't puke, don't puke, don't puke.'

"Come on!" Mando grunted as he flew the ship.

Then the hunter spoke again. "I can bring you in Warm or I can bring you in Cold."

Something looked to have snapped in Mando because he went stiff. The ship suddenly stopped and started flying backwards.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed trying not to go flying out of my seat.

'Why didn't he have seat belts!?'

Then the hunters ship flew in front of us and Mando started following him. He was the hunter now.

"That's my line."

The hunter's ship exploded.

Alarms started blaring again as Mando started hitting a bunch of buttons and switches. I had no idea what he was doing, I'd never flown a ship before.

"Losing fuel." He grumbled.

Then the ship went dark. We were dead in space. I looked down at the Child as he started giggling.

"Uh, that's not supposed to happen right?"

"No."

Mando stood and went to the back of the cockpit. There he hit another button and some lights returned.

"What was that?"

"Back up power." He answered bluntly, sitting back down in his seat.

He started the engines back up and headed towards an orange planet.

"This is Moss Eisley tower. We are tracking you. Head to bay 35, Over." Someone said over the coms.

"Copy that. Locked in for 35."

~🌕~

As the ship landed in the hangar I looked down at the Child. He had fallen asleep. How? I don't know.

Mando headed to the cargo hold and I followed with the sleeping Child in my arms.

Mando slid down the ladder and walked over to a cubby. The door slid open and inside was a bed. Not a very comfortable looking one but it was a bed.

"You both stay in here."

"What?!" I yelled but kept my voice soft enough to not wake the Child. "I want to come!"

"No. I am going to look for work and I cant have an inexperienced kid with me."

"Well too bad, because I'm coming." I snapped.

"No you're not." He grabbed my elbow and pulled be towards the cubby. "You're still a bounty remember. It's safer for you both to stay put."

With the Child in my arms I didn't fight back but that didn't mean I wasn't going to glare at him. I climbed into the cubby and sat down, my hardened glare focused on his visor.

"I'll be back soon. Just stay here and stay quiet." He shut the cubby.

I stuck my tongue out at the door and huffed. I glanced down at the Child's sleeping form in my lap and grew tired myself. I hadn't gotten a good sleep since Sorgan, and that was a few weeks ago. My eyes fluttered closed as I snuggled with the Child.

~🌕~

"I'd stay in that ship if I were you!"

My eyes snapped open and I sat up quickly. The door was open and the Child was no where to be seen.

I slid out of the cubby and saw the Child walking down the open ramp. A curly haired lady had a blaster pointed at him.

"Don't! Don't shoot!" I yelled, running to the Child.

The lady aimed the blaster at me as I came running down the ramp and stopped right behind the Child.

"A kid?" She asked shocked.

The droids behind her beeped as the Child walked up to the lady.

"Now now, let Peli take a good look at you." She picked up the Child. "Aright there we go."

She examined the Child before turning her attention to me and doing the same.

"Did that Bounty Hunter leave you two all alone in that big nasty ship?" She asked glancing up from the child to me.

I nodded and hid my snort with a cough. "He did."

A droid beeped at Peli about the Child. "Oh how do I know what it is? Give me a second." She turned her attention back to the Child in her arms.

"It's a child." I giggled, stepping off the ramp.

"Alright!" She placed and hand on my shoulder and started to guide me away from the ship while holding the Child. "Would you like some food? You hungry?"

"Yes please." The ration bar Mando gave me that morning was not enough.

"Fetch us something to eat, quick!" She told the droid who beeped again. "I don't know, something with bones in it."

I smiled and continued to follow her.

She shifted the Child in her arms. "Now here's the plan. I am going to look after you two until the Mandalorian gets back, and then I'm gonna charge him extra for watching you." She turned to me. "See how that works? Bright eyes."

I smirked and muttered to myself."Serves him right."

Peli lead us into the hanger office.

3rd Person Pov:
Mando had just walked into the cantina to look for some work. He didn't notice the young man's eyes lock onto him as soon as he entered.

Toro Canlican, a rookie bounty hunter, here on this planet for a job. Little did this rookie know, he was about to get in way over his head.

——————————————•—————————————
AN: I hope you have enjoyed this chapter! Warning the next chapter will be more mature.
Wc: 933
Thank you for reading!
K out!