The Family: Pt 2

The sun was barely above the horizon when we started walking again

The sun was barely above the horizon when we started walking again. With there only being one burg, Kuiil was the one to ride it. I walked close to Mando and Cara, trying not to drag my feet across the ground. The hunters and Greef were in the front leading us to wherever we were going.

"Do you think there having second thoughts?" Cara asked in a quiet voice.

"Could be." Mando responded. "I need your eyes."

"I'm watching."

The closer we got to the town, the more my anxiety grew. My hand was holding my Crystal with a white knuckle grip.

Finally the town came into view. The hunters had migrated behind us and Greef was now walking on the other side of Mando. I glanced over at the pram. It was still closed and the Child was still safe.

Once we came to a stop Greef spoke. "I guess this is it."

Then in a split second, Greef turned around and shot both the hunters. Who had been slowly sneaking up to us.

Mando shoved me behind him and both him and Cara pulled out there blasters.

Greef raised his own blasters in surrender. "There's something you should know."

He walked towards the dead hunters, flipping one over to make sure they were dead.

"The plan was to kill you and take the kids. But after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it."

No one moved.

"Go ahead you can gun be down, right here and now, and it wouldn't violate the code. But if you do, these children will never be safe." He pointed at me and the Pram, which was now open.

"Will take our chances."

"The Imperial client is obsessed with obtaining these assets. You tried to run but where did that get ya?"

"This is ridiculous." Cara voiced.

"Perhaps you should let him speak." Kuill joined in.

"We both need the client eliminated. Let me take the kids to him, and then you two-"

"No." Mando pushed me farther behind him.

"Let's just kill him and get out of here."

Mando started to lower his blaster. "He's right."