The Passenger: Pt 2

Finally, finally we reach the city

Finally, finally we reach the city. I sigh and lower my head in relief. My feet ached in ways I never imagined was physically possible. It was dark out, the suns had set around an hour ago.

"Go to the hanger, I'll find Peli." Mando told me.

I nod and make my way to the hanger. Making sure to stay out of sight in the process. A little hard with all the gear strapped to my back, but I made it.

I walk over to the Crest and shift back. The gear once on my back all falling to the ground with a loud, Clank! The pit droids wake up and walk over. I smile and ask them for help loading it all inside. They think for a moment before beeping with a nod.

By the time Peli and Mando arrived everything but the dragon meat has been loaded up.

~🌑~

I sit next to the Child as we watch the meat cook. The droids use a turner system like thing to cook it. We both haven't eaten since Moss pelgo, so it smells delicious.

"Hey, don't overcook it, Treadwell. I like it medium rare! I'm not some Rodian, for crying out loud" Peli sighs and turns to Mando. "All right, here's the deal. A Mandalorian covert is close. It's in this sector, one system trailing."

"Are they the ones that left Nevarro?" Mando asks.

"Don't know. All I know is that the contact will lead you to them."

"How much will it cost me?"

"Well, that's the great news. It's free. Aside from a finder's fee, of course."

"What's the not-great news?" I ask.

"Nothing. It's all great." She smiles.

"Okay." Mando sighs.

"However, there is one small skank in the scud pie." Peli says causing me to sigh. Why is nothing just straight forward?

"Which is?"

"The contact wants passage to the system."

"Do you vouch for them?"

"On my life."

"Fine."

"And... no hyperdrive."

"You want me to travel sublight? Deal's off."

"It's one sector over."

"Moving fast is the only thing keeping me safe."