WHY?

Two weeks have passed since BTS took a brief hiatus, allowing Yoongi to fully recover. Yoongi's wound had healed, and Namjoon had grown very close to BTS. He could now be among them without feeling awkward much. 

Jimin proposed having a lovely feast and dining somewhere lovely since Yoongi had totally recovered. However, everyone offered a different suggestion. Eventually, they agreed to go to a small restaurant owned by an elderly couple that consistently gives out extra servings of meat at the suggestion of Namjoon's manager. 

With excitement, everyone got ready, and Namjoon told Bang PD about their plans. Bang PD insisted that they may go out even if he was hesitant. Ultimately, how much longer could he confine them to their dorm rooms?

the whole ride to the restaurant was filled with laughter as the maknaes pulled small pranks, didn't let yoongi fall asleep and had a mini karaoke with everyone else. everyone was happy, their happiness increasing looking at namjoon who was being and enjoying himself.

JIN'S POV:-

I smile a little and tap the "upload" button on my phone. The image showed Yoongi resting his head on Namjoon's shoulder as Namjoon rested his head on Yoongi's. I quickly snapped a selfie and posted it to Weverse.  

After such a long time, it was quite remarkable to see everyone content and united. It had also been an incredible two weeks. It seemed like a very long time ago when we members had first met. somewhat uncomfortable at first, but it simply strengthened our relationship. 

My phone was in my pocket when Jungkook stopped the car to park. masks on when we all leave. It was a little, barely noticeable restaurant in a corner, but it seemed homely. 

We were welcomed inside by an elderly woman dressed in hanbok, and we all bowed before taking a seat. 

Jungkook: I wanna have fried chicken.

Jimin: I'll have some Samgyeopsal.

Hoseok: kimchi fried rice and some Sprite!

Taehyung: Samgyetang for yoongi hyung and bulgogi for me.

Namjoon: I think I'll have kimchi fried rice too.

Jin: I'll have some kimchi fried rice and fried chicken.

Jimin: great let's order and yoongi Hyung is paying since this party is to celebrate his recovery!

Yoongi: you suggested it so you pay! Treat your hyung with more care! Is this how you show how happy you are with my recovery?

Jimin: come on hyung! You gotta pay!

Yoongi: if I'm paying then I'll decide what to order.

Jimin: not fair~

Yoongi: excuse me, ma'am! We're ready to order!

With a soft smile, the old lady approached us.

Yoongi: four servings of Samgyetang, 3 servings of fried chicken and 7 servings of kimchi fried rice.

Old lady: very well.. What about the dessert?

Yoongi: we'll tell you in a while.

With a nod, she departed. Jimin went live, and we enjoyed chatting with the Army while we waited for the food to be served. As soon as our dinner arrived, we opted to end the live. 

Yoongi: excuse me but there are 4 servings of fried chicken.

Old lady: eat it. It's on house. Young men like you all ought to eat more meat.

jungkook: waa... You're so kind halmeoni! We'll eat it happily! Thank you!

Old lady: haha... Thank you, young man... Now enjoy.

The old lady departed with a tiny bow, which we gave back. Mouthwatering, we took a quick look at the meal. I opened my mouth to bite into it, but Jimin stopped me. 

stating that taking pictures of the meal being given was a must. I rolled my eyes, a little irritated that I had to be interrupted while eating, but I still let him do what he wanted. Everyone gobbled up the food after he finished. 

hoseok: hyung, let's order some more!

yoongi: ...fine... excuse me! can we have one more serving of fried chicken?

old lady: of course! of course! just wait a minute.

TIMESKIP

I turn to see Yoongi pouting a little when I hear a faint groan next to me. We received three additional portions, always claiming it was the last, after all. 

I gave Yoongi a smile and turned to face everyone. They were all lively and joyful. A free meal is indeed the greatest. I look at Namjoon; he's just staring at the Maknaes.  

As he noticed my gaze, he turned to face me and looked away.

Until now, wasn't everything fine? Why does Namjoon appear so hurt then? did we make some kind of mistake?

I knew I had to talk to him. 

jin: I and namjoon will go and buy some ice cream. you all wait here. 

I took Namjoon with me to a nearby alley without waiting for a response. Facing him, I let go of Namjoon as I stepped into the alley. He had a confused, saddened, and hurt appearance. 

jin: what happened? Is everything alright? are you ok?

namjoon: huh? yea... 

Jin: namjoon, I know something is wrong. please talk to me. 

namjoon: it's just that... (sigh) why? why did you all hate me hyung?

I widen my eyes, startled by the unexpected question.

I just looked at him, seeing the hurt grow on his face. and yet there was nothing I could say or do to lessen it. It seemed as though I'd lost the ability to speak.

Namjoon scowls at my silence.

namjoon: do... Do you still hate me hyung?

jin: wha- no! i don-

namjoon: then why don't you say something? 

I look away, ashamed of myself.

Did I truly think that just because we were getting along better everything would be alright? Without explaining anything to Namjoon?

namjoon: please forget what I just said. we should leave. everyone is waiting. 

Jin: no wait namj-

I stopped Namjoon by holding his wrist so I could speak with him, but just then, there was a huge, thunderous sound. It was accompanied by severe pain in my abdomen and a white noise that rang in my ears. 

I touched the area of pain and felt something moist. When I put my palm up to my face, I discover that it is covered in blood. I turned to face Namjoon, who had become horrifyingly pale. As I opened my mouth to speak, a strong cough and some blood spurted out.  

When I heard someone scream, I turned to see the other members staring at me with wide eyes, but then I noticed a bright gleam. Before my eyesight went blurry and I lost my balance, I pointed towards the person holding the gun.  

-------------

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT:) 

I'm kinda ending this chapter in a dramatic way:)

target

25 votes
5 comments

if the target isn't reached I won't update the next chapter:)

-------------------