Chapter 8: Our Song

Song of the Chapter: SteroHearts by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine

__________________________

"That was very embarrassing." Alex said walking out of Victoria sectret.

"Never speak of it again?" Austin Asked alex.

"Yes." He said

"Whatever boys get over it." Said Sarah

"No Sarah get it right THEY'RE the girls here!" I said

"You guys are mean!" Austin said walking faster getting ahead I caught up with him.

"Aww come on we were only kidding." I said grabbing his hand

He looked down at his hand and smiled "I forgive give you!"

"Good." I said he got a huge grin on his face kind of evilish

"Run!" He said pulling me I ran I didn't understand why we were running but then we went into kohls and hid it was really fun!

"Why did we do that?" I asked him kind of out of breath. He just shrugged and started swinging our hands back an forth.

"I don't know." Me and he were looking into eachtothers eyes I looked down to his lips and we both were getting closer. Then his phone started ringing.

I swear I think the only time people want to talk to us is when we are about to kiss I mean come on!

"Hey." He said to the person on the phone.

"Ok we're coming back."

"Yep, bye mom see you when I get home." He hung up "well that was my mom and she said that she wants to have you over for dinner is that ok?" He asked I was shocked at what he just said.

"Um... Sure but uh... Why?" I asked nervously.

"Oh..." He mumbled something but I couldn't hear him.

"What?"

-Austin-

Crap I wasn't thinking now I have to tell that I've talked about her to my mom. And more then my mom asked me.

"Oh.. Cause I've kinda talked about you a few times." I said quiet.

"What?" She didn't hear me I was about to say it again when Sarah and Alex came up to us.

"Dude, what was that for? You guys just took off." He said kind of pissed off but I could tell he wanted to laugh.

"It was nothing just we felt like running." Kaylyn said

"So you ran into this huge store in the mall?" Sarah asked.

"Pretty much!" I said laughing "but we gotta go mom wants me home."

"Ok leggo!" Alex said I wanted to laugh at him he sounded ridiculous.

"Ok."

Again Sarah sat next to Alex in the front and me and Kaylyn sat in the back but this time we were holding hands and were sitting closer. But I was happy and of course didn't mind.

"Thanks Alex text you later." I said getting out of the car with Kaylyn.

"Yeah no problem talk to you later." He said

"Bye sarah!" Kaylyn yelled to Sarah

"Bye babes see you later call me!"

"Ok" as they were driving away Kaylyn pulled her hand away from mine to make a heart.

I thought she wouldn't bring it back to mine and she would just let it hang by her side but I was wrong once she was done she brought her hand down and grabbed my hand once again.

****

At dinner mom just asked Kaylyn question about her and Kaylyn was so nice and everything. I was about to tell my mom enough but I held back. Now we are just sitting on my bed listening to music.

SteroHearts by gym class heroes came on and Kaylyn started to sing it

'My hearts a stereo it beats for you so listen close hear my thoughts in every note make me your radio turn me up when you feel low this melody was meant for you to sing along to my stereo

'If I were just another dusty record on the shelf would you blow me off and play me like everybody else

If I asked you to scratch my back could you manage that' and so on

When it was over I just sat there staring at her. "What?" She asked

"Oh, nothing it's just you knew every word to that song." I said

"Yeah well that song was the bandage that healed my heart after everything and I just love it." She said

"What do you mean everything? and I love that song too..." I said

"It's so catchy and its weird for me not to sing along when it it's on." She said not answering my question.

I got up and turned off the radio she was just looking down at her lap.

"What did you mean everything?" I asked once again. Saw a tear slip down her cheek even though she quickly wiped it away.

"Nothing... I should go." she said getting up towards the door.

"No please tell me." I said

"That song... I listened to it to get over my dad leaving and my mom going out every night. Now can I leave?" She said looking up at me I just pulled her into a tight hug.

She started crying a lot more into my chest and she hugged me back finally after about 3 minutes. "Shhhh...." I said rubbing her back trying to get her to stop crying.

"I'm sorry austin! I got tears and makeup all over your shirt" she said pulling back.

"Don't worry about it it laundry week anyway." I said laughing

She smiled and laughed too. I wiped away her tears. "Thank you austin." She said I was confused.

"For what?" I asked

"Making me laugh." Another tear rolled down her cheek I pulled her back in and started to sing stereo hearts to her.

"No problem." She fell asleep in my arms so I just layer her down on my bed and coverd her up. I let my mom know and called her brother to tell him what happened and that I was going to sleep in the living room so reassure him I didn't want to do "that" with her. He finally said ok.

I layed on the couch and slowly drifted into a very much needed sleep.