Chapter 19: Explanations

CHAPTER 19

Snape's POV

"What did you do, you bumbling idiot?!" I screamed, absolutely livid with Longbottom when I realized he had come back in time with me. I was about ready to strangle the dunderhead at this point.

To my surprise, he didn't shrink back like I expected him to. He did the opposite actually, stepping right up into my face, his expression determined. "This may come as a surprise to you, professor, but you aren't the only one who loves Ester."

"I do not! I dumped her, remember?" I growled through gritted teeth.

The boy shook his head viciously. "I heard what you said at her grave. That's a lie."

My eyes widened with shock and rage then. "When we get back, I'll personally make sure you're expelled on the spot."

Longbottom just shrugged. "I don't care. You'll just have to deal with me after I help you save Ester."

"No. You stay put while I go get Miss Kingsley and that's final. Do you understand." I ordered, pure spite lacing my tone.

I turned to leave and walked away before I could even get an answer. If the boy knew what was good for him, he would do as I said without question.

"Wait," Longbottom called out after me. I stopped, but did not turn to face him.

"What?" I snapped, glancing down quickly at my watch. I had approximately thirty minutes or so left before Nagini attacked Ester. And I was hoping to catch her then, so I could spare her the pain. Plus, I didn't even bring the proper medical tools with me to save her like blood replenishing potion or a cure for snake venom.

"You need my help. You can't be seen by your past self and you have no way of hiding once you get to the maze. If you get caught in the same row with your past self, you'll surely be seen and your plan will fall apart." He explained. I looked down at my watch again.

"Get on with it." I snarled viciously. "I don't have all day."

Longbottom sighed in exasperation. "I was getting to that part... Anyway, Harry has an invisibility cloak that we could use to hide under. I can get into Gryffindor tower while you can't and I even know where it is."

I turned around then, suddenly interested in the conversation. "And?"

"And so, if I get it for you, you have to do something for me."

"Get on with it!" I repeated, taking all my willpower not to punch him on the spot for being so vague.

"You have to let me come with and help save Essy." He stated firmly. And I could tell Longbottom would not take no for an answer.

"Deal." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest impatiently. "Now go get it. We barely have much time anymore."

He nodded and without hesitating, took off for the castle; leaving me to wait for several agonizingly long minutes. So I paced. This was something else that took up most of my sleepless nights, I might add; when I couldn't get the chance to save Ester like this.

"I'm back," Longbottom's voice sounded from next to me. I looked up, but did not see him.

"Take off the cloak, Longbottom." I snarled, venom lacing my tone.

He did, but only enough to show his head. He left the rest draped over his shoulders lazily. And it was enough, so I quickly drew my wand and pointed it for him. His eyes widened in shock and anger as I preformed the body bind spell on him and he fell to the ground with his fists balled up at his sides.