7. feeling like a pancake.

-

Read.

Birdy saw his message, but she hasn't replied yet. She hasn't replied since last night, and JJ was wondering if he made a mistake.

He knew it was a complete asshole move to tell her over a text and photo, but he couldn't wait anymore, and he just had to tell her.

She knows that her parents' death wasn't an accident, and she hasn't replied back yet.

He hasn't been able to even close his eyes. What if she went back into depression or what if she accidentally got hurt.

His mind was full of worry, and he couldn't even get a wink of sleep. Birdy was fine, and she was probably just sleeping in her bed, at home, safe.

"..what's up with you?" Kiara's voice snapped him out of his mind, and he glanced up from his phone. Everyone was awake, eating breakfast, well somewhat of a breakfast.

"Nothing." JJ replied, looking back down at his phone, and Kiara hummed before her hand shot out and snatched JJ'S phone.

"Hey! Give it back!" JJ stood up, and Kiara ran behind John B, and Pope and JJ chased her, getting stopped by Pope and John B.

"..you told her!?" Kiara exclaimed in disbelief, turning the phone around so everyone could see it.

"You told her after we told you not to?" Sarah asked, shaking her head, and JJ scoffed, snatching his phone back.

"Okay, first of all, shut up, you don't tell me what to do, and second, I always have birdy's back, and I wasn't about to keep something this big from her,"  JJ agrued, and he frowned,

"Which might've been a stupid idea because she hasn't replied since last night, but she definitely saw it." JJ mumbled.

Kiara pulled out her own phone and went to the group chat, texting Wynonna.

Pope and John B also texted Wynonna, but there was no answer.

"I think she might be mad." John B said, glancing at JJ, who gave him, "I told you so." Look

JJ sent a small message to birdy on the group chat, and a second later, the dots appeared.

"She's alive!" Kiara exclaimed, feeling a sense of relief, but her relief was only seconds as the message came through.

"Leave me alone."

The pogues all stared at the message, and they all looked at each other.

"Kidnapped! She's been kidnapped!" JJ said, and John B nodded. "She never says that! No matter what, even when we stole her last marshmallows."

"Or maybe she's just mad and doesn't want to be bothered." Sarah spoke up as she saw the text from Kiara's phone.

"Um, have you met Birdy? She can be pissed,like the level of when they killed her favorite marvel character pissed, but she never wants to be left alone." Pope spoke up, and the others nodded in agreement.

Sarah looked at Kiara, "kidnapped or just mad?"

Kiara shook her head, "she's definitely been kidnapped, I've known Birdy for a very long time, never once in her life she ever said this."

"Who do you think took her?" Sarah watched as her friends started listing off people who could have possibly taken Wynonna.

Sarah pulled out her phone and clicked on Wynonna contact, shooting her a quick text asking her where she was, hoping that she would reply to her.

When she didn't get a reply back, she sighed, put her phone away, and listened to the chaotic conversation.

-

Wynonna's brain was pounding against her skull, and she let out a groan. Her eyes slowly opened, and she adjusted her eyes to the light.

"..you drool in your sleep." Wynonna snapped her head over to the voice, and it was just Rafe, holding a bag that smelled like pancakes.

Wynonna brought her hand up and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, Rafe smirked at her, and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I brought pancakes and a milkshake for you, a coffee for me." Rafe told her , passing her the bag.

It was hot, but it smelled delicious, and her stomach shamelessly growled. Her cheeks hit up as rafe smiled at her.

She took out a pancake and took a bite out of it. A small moan left her, and Rafe tensed, but Wynonna didn't notice.

"So fluffy!and so good, where the hell did you get these pancakes?" She questioned, and Rafe cleared his throat,

"The store."

Wynonna stared at him for a second before shrugging and handing him some pancakes.

It was quiet until Rafe spoke up, "..so, want to talk about it?" He hesitantly questioned, wondering if it was the right thing to say.

Wynonna sighed, looking down at her pancake, "I feel like a pancake," Rafe raised an eyebrow at the metaphor but didn't question it.

"But at the same time, I feel like an earthquake." Wynonna finished, taking a small bite of her pancake and a sip of her milkshake.

It was her favorite, and she wondered if Rafe guessed it or he already knew it.

"I don't want to go back to depression because that's how it felt. That's it felt before I fell into a deep depression that lasted for months, and I'm better, I don't want to go back because I'm healed." Wynonna said, and Rafe sat down next to her,

"I'm not good at this stuff, okay? You probably know this, but I'm an asshole," Wynonna chuckled a little, "and I don't really do feelings,but I remember something that someone told me before,"

"When you feel like life isn't working out or feeling like you can't breathe, stay still and plant yourself.." Rafe started, but Wynonna finished it for him.

"Let the air breathe for you, and let it clear your thoughts." Her eyes met his , and she slightly smiled.

"My mom used to say that all the time, I once actually thought she actually meant plant yourself, I had JJ, John B, and Pope plant me in the backyard." She let out a small laugh at the memory.

Her mom wasn't even mad. She found it hilarious and even took a photo.

"It was a metaphor. Her meaning was to find someone who could ground you and keep you from breaking apart." Wynonna quietly said

Rafe hesitated before he placed his hand on top of Wynonna's, "Uh, you got me here. You fall into deep depression and I'll punch you."

Wynonna chuckled, "I feel so loved." Rafe smiled. Was this how it felt? When you are with someone, someone you can't stop smiling with.

"Thank you, Rafe." Wynonna said before she pulled him into a hug, and it felt nice, at least to Rafe, as he rarely got any hugs, but something about Wynonna's hugs felt different.

Rafe wrapped his arms around her, "Anytime, Nonna."

---------------
Word count - 1138

Thoughts?