5. secrets

-

The can rattled as it shook before a hissing sound came from the can as a finger pressed against the top. Baby blue spray paint flew out, painting the white wall blue.

The hissing of the can stopped a minute later, and Wynonna took a step back admiring her work.

There were large beautiful turtles on the wall as if they were swimming under the water.

It was a rare day that Wynonna was hanging out alone. Her friends were all busy, and the animal shelter was closed, so she decided to give some art to the walls of figure eight.

Wynonna had a passion for art. Ever since she was young, she always liked art, painting, her mother used to paint on her free time, most of the time it ended up with the two of them covered in paint head to toe.

Her dad used to laugh at them instead of helping them, and he took pictures. Her mother used to hug her father while he was laughing, and while she was covered in paint.

Wynonna remembered that made her father stop laughing, but it made her mother start laughing, and then her father joined.

Wynonna slightly frowned, remembering that memory. Happy memories were supposed to make you happy, but for Wynonna, it just made her upset, missing her parents more than anything.

"..hey!" Startled, Wynonna turned around and looked down seeing a security guard.

"Get down from there!"

"Shit." Wynonna cursed under her breath and collected her spray cans, tossing them in her bag, and she slung the straps over her shoulders before she headed down.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she bolted.

"Hey, stop!" The security guard chased her, but Wynonna didn't stop.

Her heart hammered in her chest full of adrenaline and excitement. Sure, the fear of actually getting caught was there, but in that moment, she didn't really care.

Her aunt wasn't that uptight. She cared about most things, but like Wynonna, she also had a passion for art, and she had told Wynonna all about her teen days she spent painting on walls and running from the cops.

Surely, her aunt would be more disappointed in her for getting caught than painting on some random figure eight building.

Wynonna saw boats, and she made her way over, jumping over the wooden gate before she jumped over a railing and into a boat, instantly hitting the ground, taking deep breaths.

Her cheeks were red, and her lungs felt like they were on fire, but Wynonna let out a small quiet laugh as she heard security run by.

She turned and peaked her head up, not seeing anyone around.

"..Nonna, what are you doing on my boat?" Letting out a startled shout, Wynonna spun around, her wide eyes spotting Rafe who was standing behind her.

"This is your boat? I wasn't stealing it or anything! I..I was just hiding from..security." Wynonna replied with an awkward smile.

Rafe took in her appearance. She had black short shorts with a red and black flannel shirt with her signature red sneakers.

He noticed the dark blue backpack that had a blue spray can hanging off of it, and he noticed the paint on her clothes and hands.

"..you're the mystery painter that's always leaving graffiti on our walls." Rafe spoke, taking a step closer to her.

Wynonna let out a small scoff, "graffiti? Dude, it's not graffiti. It's art. Art isn't graffiti. It's something beautiful with a deep meaning behind it."