6. Birdy finds out

-

Truth to be told, Wynonna thought she was being a bit dramatic. Her friends could hang out without her. She could be a bit exhausting to be around, but it was in her nature to not sit around, she was always up and moving, and the only time when she wasn't was when she had her depression.

She remembered only a few parts of her depression but the rest seemed like a blur to her.

She remembered her aunt being there, whispering comforting words, helping her eat, and shower.

She remembered seeing her friends but she remembered seeing JJ the most. She once caught JJ, and John B camped out in her hallway, spread out like star fish, blankets, and pillows all over.

She didn't really remember why she left her room, but she remembered that she lay down next to JJ and fell asleep without any nightmares or dark thoughts.

They only woken up when John B fell down the stairs early in the morning, his fall was cushion by the pillows at the end of the stairs.

"I'm okay!" Was followed after the thud, and for the first time in what like ages, Wynonna let out a small laugh.

John B, rolling down the stairs, didn't wake up JJ, then Wynonna laugh did. He had missed her laugh, and if John B falling down the stairs did the trick, he would've pushed John B down the stairs a long time ago.

That was the beginning of Wynonna healing journey. Slowly, with the help of her friends and aunt, she was able to become herself again.

She guessed they must've gotten tired of her or something.

Wynonna let out a small groan, shaking her head. She shouldn't think like that. Her friends have their own lives and they can spend time without her and with each other without her.

She was fine. She was gonna be okay.

"..knew you'll be back." Wynonna snapped her up, looking at Rafe, who was leaning against the railing of his boat with a small grin, but he wasn't alone.

There was music playing, and people were dancing around, drinking, or stumbling around drunk.

Was she that deep in her mind that she didn't hear the music playing or the loud voices of the Kooks?

"Didn't think there would be a party." Wynonna replied, and Rafe shrugged, and he gestured for her to come up, and Wynonna did.

When she was on the boat, Rafe handed her a red cup, and she sniffed it, "No, I don't drink alcohol."

"Why not? Thought that's what you pogues do all day?" Rafe questioned , and Wynonna shook her head.

"A drunk driver killed my parents, so I tend to stay away from alcohol." Wynonna replied, pushing the cup away from her.

Rafe stared at her for a second before he shrugged, "That's fine. I'll just drink it for you."

"I'll just drink it for you." JJ'S voice rang through her head, and she frowned, and Rafe noticed.

"Hey, cheer up, you don't need them." Wynonna looked at him like he grew two heads or something.

"Honey, did you hit your head something?" She questioned, her voice full of concern, and she cupped his face in her hands.

Rafe stilled, his blue eyes staring those beautiful, dangerous brown eyes that belonged to the only person who made his heart beat so loud in his chest.

Her eyes widened, and she glanced around before leaning closer, her face inches away from his, and his breath hitched, his eyes flickered down to her lips.

"..are you on drugs?" She quietly questioned, glancing around as if someone would hear her.

Rafe blinked ,"Yes."

Wynonna let out a chuckle, "Oh, thank god, I thought you hit your head or something because you're being nice. That explains a few things, actually, don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

She stepped back from him, and he let out a small scoff ,"I can be nice."

Her eyes met his again before a laugh escaped past her lips, and people turned over to look at them, but Rafe paid no attention to them as he stared at the laughing girl in front of him.

A smile appeared on his face, but he hid it behind the red cup.

"..I'm sorry, I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help it..." her laugh turns into giggles.

If Rafe thought her laugh was the most wonderful sound he's ever heard, then it just moved to second place because her giggles were just music to his ears.

Wynonna felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket, and she pulled out her phone. It was from JJ.

Rafe seemed to notice the sudden change mood, and he gently grabbed her arm,taking her somewhere more private.

"What wrong?" He questioned, closing the door behind. The music was muffled now, but they could faintly hear the music.

"It's..um..it's from JJ with a photo attachment." Wynonna replied, and she clicked on the message. It opened.

She clicked on the photo and zoomed it. Rafe went over to her and stood behind her. Her back was pressed against his chest, but neither seemed to notice as they read what was on the photo.

"It..it wasn't a drunk driver. My parents were murdered," Wynonna lifted her head and looked up at Rafe, her eyes shining with tears, but she refused to let them fall.

"He told me over a text." She whispered, a single tear sliding down her face, and Rafe brought his hand up, wiping the fallen tear, before he took her phone, shutting it off, and pulling the only pogue he likes into his arms.

Wynonna hid her face in his chest, and she couldn't hold it back anymore as she started crying, her arms tightly wrapped around Rafe.

Rafe didn't know what to do. He wasn't really good at things like this, but he just tightened his arms around Wynonna, silently vowing to protect her no matter what.

No matter the cost.

-----------------

Word count - 1006

Shorter chapter, sorry.

Thoughts?