3. Midsummers

-

"..in my defense, I thought he was gay." Wynonna said, with a small shrug as she followed behind Kiara.

Kiara laughed ,"You seriously thought Topper was gay?"

Wynonna sheepishly smiled, "Yeah, I even gave him a rainbow cupcake and told him I supported him, God, I was so embarrassed to even face him for a whole week."

A couple weeks after she had met Topper after the sleepover at Sarah's house, she accidentally thought Topper was gay.

She had baked him a rainbow cupcake with the help of her mom, and she gave Topper the cupcake and also a pin.

She had told him ,"I totally support you, and it doesn't matter who you love as long as you are happy."

Topper had only looked confused, accepting the cupcake. "What are you talking about?"

"You're gay."

Rafe, who was around at the time, had burst out laughing, "Dude, I didn't know, congrats." He mocked, and Topper threw him a glare, and Wynonna blinked in confusion, looking up at Rafe.

"He's not gay?" Rafe looked down at Wynonna with a smirk, "No, but you just made my day, Nonna."

Wynonna's cheeks heat up in embarrassment, "Oh, my god, I am so sorry, Top!"

She couldn't face Topper after a whole week, but it seemed like he had forgotten all about it.

"..that's so funny, I wish I could've seen that. " Kiara said, with a small chuckle

Kiara and Wynonna walked inside of Kiara's house, and her parents were home.

"Kiara, oh, hello, Wynonna." Anne Carrera, Kiara's mother, greeted with a tight smile once she spotted Wynonna.

Wynonna smiled and gave a peace sign. "Sup."

JJ had told her that was another way of greeting people. John B loved it, and so did Pope.

"Mom, dad, I'm taking birdy with me to the midsummers." Kiara announced, and her parents looked at her while Wynonna was confused about the midsummers, but nonetheless, she would go to hell and back for Kiara.

"Kiara, are you sure about this?" Anne questioned, throwing a glance towards Wynonna, who was feeling judged.

Wynonna knew that Kiara parents didn't really like her or the others simply because they were pogues.

"Yes, birdy is coming with me tonight, and we're gonna pick out an outfit, so we'll be in my room." Kiara grabbed Wynonna's hand before pulling her away.

Wynonna threw a wave before she disappeared upstairs, hearing Kiara's parents talking about her.

Every adult in outerbanks except for Clarissa Barlowe always talked about the pogues in a bad way, especially JJ, John B, and Wynonna.

In everyone's eyes, those three were nothing but trouble, but in Clarissas eyes, they were just kids who needed a distraction from their lives and needed an adventure.

"..what's midsummers?" Wynonna questioned, jumping on Kiara's bed, as Kiara closed the door behind her, locking it.

"Just some stupid Kook party, my parents want me to attend." Kiara replied, walking over to her closet.

"You think during the Gold hunt we'll be able to find John B's dad?" Wynonna suddenly questioned, and Kiara shrugged.

"Yeah, probably."

Wynonna did hope that they would be able to find big John. She wanted to see John B reunited with his dad. She wanted him to have a family again.

"..blue?" Wynonna looked at the dress that Kiara held, and Kiara hummed before nodding her head.