12. betrayal

-

Rafe and Wynonna left the cave, soaking wet and shovels left behind. As soon as they exited the cave, they were met with such force of heat.

There was only a slight breeze but nothing more. Wynonna could feel herself starting to sweat, or maybe it was just water, whatever it was, she felt herself burning under the sun.

"Well, we got the time capsule, and..." She trailed off as she noticed the look on Rafe's face.

"What?" She questioned, and he turned his body to face her, and he held out his hand.

"Give it to me." Wynonna raised an eyebrow at him, but she shook her head.

"No way, there's some personal shit in here." Wynonna told him, and Rafe rolled his eyes.

"I'm not asking, Nonna. Give me the letter." She took a step back from him,

"You used me, didn't you? Your dad told you about the letter, right? Told you to get close to me, huh? What the fuck, dude?" Wynonna questioned, but then again it was her own fault for trusting Rafe.

"I just need the letter, Nonna. I'm not gonna hurt you. Nobody is." Rafe said, stepping closer to her, but she kept backing up. 

"This letter explains why my parents have to die, right?" Wynonna looked down at the time capsule before looking at Rafe.

"I can't give it to you, so, uh..it was fun while it lasted, bye!" Wynonna turned around and bolted.

"Wynonna, get back here!" Rafe shouted after her, running after her.

"No thanks!" She got off the beach and into the sidewalk. Since it was morning now, people were out.

"Sorry!" She threw an apology to the person she almost ran over. She ran across the street,

"Nonna!" Rafe's voice was getting further, but Wynonna wasn't risking it. She kept running, her body full of adrenaline.

"Birdy!" She came to a stop and snapped her head towards the shout, and she smiled as she saw the twinkie.

"Wynonna!" She glanced behind her and cursed, Wynonna saw the pissed look on Rafe's face, and she bolted towards the twinkie that came to a sudden halt.

The door slid open, and Wynonna jumped in, "drive!drive!" She shouted, and the twinkie moved,

The door slammed shut, and JJ turned to look at Wynonna, who let out a small laugh. "You guys have such great timing!"

"Boy!? Birdy, what boy!?" JJ interrupted her, and Wynonna frowned, and she looked away from him.

"Well, there wasn't a boy, I um..kinda lied about that." She said,

"Oh, thank god." John B breathed out, and Sarah smacked him in the arm.

Wynonna noticed that everyone was in the twinkie, and she was leaning on kiara and Pope, getting them wet.

She sheepishly smiled at them before moving.

"Why are you soaking wet?" Kiara questioned, looking at Wynonna

"Oh, I almost drowned." She replied with a shrug,

"What!?" Almost everyone shouted, looking at Wynonna like she grew two heads.

"Okay! Stop shouting at me, I'm having a mental breakdown, okay? I've been making bad decisions since I found out my parents were murdered!" Wynonna snapped before letting out a deep breath.

"So..you did see my message?" JJ spoke up after a minute, and Wynonna nodded.

"Unfortunately, yeah, but I didn't text you guys anything after that, must've been Rafe, that scheming weasel." She said, shaking her head.