Prologue &Cast

-

Wynonna Barlowe is a pogue. She was born and raised on the cut. Her life wasn't traumatic or anything. She had perfect parents. A loving father and mother, who were a bit overprotective, but she was their only child.

Her father worked as an electrician, and her mother was a nurse at the hospital. They were both good jobs, but the pay wasn't much, plus with all the bills and a child to feed, it wasn't much money.

Wynonna didn't have any friends when she was young because everyone found her weird.

Her father had a habit of building bird houses, helping birds, and Wynonna inherited that habit. Her desire to help animals is what made her weird.

She didn't make any friends until she moved schools because of what happened at the last one.

On her first day, she met JJ Maybank, John B Rutledge, and Pope heyward. It was supposed to be a break for the kids, and they were all outside.

Wynonna was walking around when she had found an injured bird. The wing was broken, and Wynonna carefully picked the bird up before rushing back inside without the teacher noticing her.

She had gone back inside the classroom, and she glanced around before she found a box, and she grabbed it, emptied it, and placed the bird inside.

"What's that?" Wynonna was startled by a voice from behind her, and she spun around seeing three boys around her age.

".. Aren't you guys supposed to be outside?" Wynonna asked, her voice soft and quiet.

The blonde boy grinned at her, "Aren't you?" He retorted,

"I found an injured bird." Wynonna replied, and the three boys almost pushed her aside to see the bird.

"..looks dead to me."

"It's not dead."

"It's moving. It's clearly not dead, JJ."

Wynonna pushed herself in between the boy known as JJ and the brown haired one.

"So.. you're that weird new kid, right?" JJ questioned, looking at Wynonna.

"JJ!" The other two sent him a look, and JJ shrugged, "Just asking!"

Wynonna nodded her head, "Yeah, I'm Wynonna, and so what if I'm weird. You three are weird."

JJ grinned, "Wynonna, huh? Well, I'm calling you, Birdy, from now on. I'm JJ maybank, this is John B, and that's Pope."

That was the day three became four. The three boys had followed her home that day, and they came over every single day, hanging out with her and checking on the bird, but mostly to hang out with her.

Her parents didn't mind at all. They loved that her daughter had friends, and they loved the three boys.

When Wynonna was fourteen, she met Kiara Carrera and Sarah Cameron. They were kooks, but they were young and didn't seem to know what it was.

Wynonna had gotten along with Kiara, also known as Kie, and she had gotten along with Sarah.

"..They're girls!" JJ complained, throwing a rock into the ocean, and Wynonna lifted her head from the sand castle she was building with the help of Pope and John B.

"I'm a girl." She reminded him, and he shook his head, turning to face her.

"No..no, you are birdy, " JJ replied, "there's a difference. They're outsiders!"

Wynonna let out a small laugh, playfully rolling her eyes at JJ. "JJ, it's just one sleepover."

"Well, why aren't we invited then?" JJ asked, sitting down next to John B and picking up a seashell.