Two years ago

"Does this dress make me look fat?" I ask Cami. She barely looks at me, busy texting with someone

"You look fantastic, never think about being fat, you are a stick" I know for a fact that I look horrible in this dress, but I still tried to see if she is actually honest in what she says. Apparently not.

"Who are you texting anyway?" I undress and sit near her. She smiles sourly, finishing to send a text before showing me the picture of a guy in the mirror of a gym, holding up his 'bicep'

"Remember him? He is now texting me and we've been going out for a while, he is so great, doesn't he look great?" I frown a bit at the sight of the guy. He is ugly as hell, and looks like he's about to tell me to go back to the kitchen just by the 'Alpha' tank top he's wearing. I zoom on his face and I feel a knot in my stomach.

"Cam, Isn't he the guy Lara's been texting with? Before she found out he had a girlfriend or something?" she rolls her eyes and smiles, taking the phone away from my hands.

"He's over her, and I just know him and Lara weren't serious. I mean, he is not her type and vice versa" what I know is that Lara was all over him and she's been talking to us about how she misses him. I feel my nerves burning, but I keep it lowkey. Maybe she was over him.

"You spoke to her lately? " I see she's faking to think about it, and she's visibly annoyed that I'm not freaking out about how she's speaking with that guy.

"Not really, we haven't spoken since the start of summer break, I wasn't really feeling her you know? By the way your tits look ginormous in this bra, I think I have one similar" I smile, and pretend that she didn't just completely avoid the subject.

I get up and dress with my comfort dress, and somehow, the fact that she's been criticizing the way it looks on me makes me want to wear it. We grew closer and closer ever since last year, but Lara's been excluded for some time now, and I feel bad. I've gone out with her separately, but I never told Cami that, somehow I felt she shouldn't know that. I spent more time with Lara than with her lately, and I can clearly put a finger on why I did so.

She wasn't like this before. She's been a great friend, she stood up for me when people called me a whore, and the rumors grew old. Apparently those have a timer too. But slowly I've heard her say the same things to other girls, girls that didn't even deserve to be talked about in the first place.

I started seeing a bunch of guys, but soon I found out they In reality got closer to me to stay closer to Cami, and she's been very hard on anyone I brought in. She seemed to scare most of them away, and one I happened to really like, just swung from me to Cami, going from hanging out to finding them kissing in the kitchen. I cried that night so much I've blocked both of them, but then I never blamed her for someone else's feelings. I told myself It just wasn't meant to be. What happened next? They dated for eight months.

I liked her, I like her, she's been my sister and partner in crime, but It has worn off, and I already crossed out the possibility of something I've done. She's acting strange, and usually she likes me to hang out with her group. Now she's been avoiding to call me, and the small times I've gotten to hang out with them is because they called me, or because I called her and asked what she was doing.

"Did you hang out with that Hannah girl?" I stretch the dress to perfection, wiping out the creases that formed. Hannah is a girl from a book club I decided to apply to, and I found myself hanging out with for quite a while. We have the same taste in books and movies, and Cami has found me answering the question 'what are you doing' with 'I'm with Hannah' a bunch of times.

"Yes I did, you should join us next time, she's a nice girl" The idea doesn't seem to appeal to her as she scrunches her nose. She puts aside her phone and crosses her hands on her lap. I look at her while adjusting the dress, and she doesn't seem to notice I wore the one she did not like.

"I don't think so, I actually wanted to tell you something but I don't know if you would like it" I looked at her, and she put a veil of sadness on her face. I recognize that look, and it's not sadness, It's pity masked with a sweet frown.

"Tell me, you know you can tell me anything" I sit next to her, and she turns towards me. I look at her and she seems to drop the act for a millisecond.

"Ok but don't say I didn't warn you" she clears her throat "I heard from a friend that she's been going out with one of the girls from the frappuccino incident" I raise an eyebrow. Now I'm confused. I look at her to make her continue but all she does is to look at me dumbfounded.

"What frappuccino incident?" she exhales and looks away as she gets up in front of me with crossed arms. She then spits out.

"You know, the one from two years ago, when that girl covered you up 'accidentally' in frappuccino in the cafeteria"

I even forgot about that time. I look down and see she's stomping her feet. She seems nervous but I don't know why. The silence eats us alive before she blurts out again.

"Anyway, you should keep an eye out," I just nod, smiling at her. She seems calmer now. "I love you, you rock that dress"

I smile at her, feeling a deep sense of disappointment "I love you too"