04:00 pm

"Here's the place, I told you we were going to make it" We've been fighting the gps for some time now, and after many possibly wrong directions, we made it to the Whiskey Hotel, rated 3 stars on booking and we put our trust into it. There was a middle aged man escorting us to their free room, and before handing us the key he feels to ask

"Are you sure you want this room? The single bed is very small" He seems understandingly concerned, because the room isn't bigger than Cami's changing room. Because she literally has a changing room. I know, right?

"Are you calling us fat mister?" I stop a laugh from coming out.

"Not at all, pardon my manners, have a nice stay" the man goes away, almost embarrassed because of Cami, and we get inside the place. God, it is small indeed. But the luggages fit, and that's all that mattered. I get out of my trip clothes, and rapidly jump in the shower, since all I can feel is how filthy I am after so many hours of humidity and public transport . When we arrived it was sunny and warm, but now there are clouds and the wind is about to take some roofs.

"Are you done with the bathroom? I need to put on some makeup" Cami knocks multiple times, and as I unlock the door, she storms in. "What didn't you get by living every hour as a day? If you spend an entire hour showering it would be all for nothing" she looks at me through the mirror while searching for her eyeliner "and why did you lock the door? We had multiple incredible bathroom dates in these five years"

"Maybe the guy from the reception came for revenge, at least one of us had to live the moment" she laughs, and she starts doing a cat eye, drags a pencil under her eyes, smudges it with her fingers etc. All I do is stare while wearing just a towel. "You're done?" I ask, and she huffs.

"Yes, now bring the purse and let's go, we have to drink a lot of coffee if we plan on staying up all night" the real question is: what do we do all night?

~

"Look, there's a corner cafe right there, it looks better than the one we were going to"

yes, we are again following google's instructions, and no, it didn't work.

"I'm installing this other app I told you, we are not going to get lost, especially not here" she rolls her eyes and we enter, the bells over the door dangling as it opens. We sit down and instantly a blonde girl comes up to us. Her name tag read Kia, and from her accent I guess she's russian.

The cafe is very small, but still is beautiful. Back home something like this would be luxury.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" I look at the small menu on the table, and we both take a cappuccino. She goes away, and I feel a hole in my stomach. Of course I have to ruin my mood by myself. I will probably never see her again in my life, now living just in my head. I need to stop having too much free time to think, literally. If I was smart enough I would make a switch for brains.

"Look, I don't know what we are doing tonight, but we are doing something, we can even go hang out with homeless people, but I'm not staying in a room when London is literally under our feet" I feel drained already, but now we can't really say anything since we've made it here. It really would be a waste. "We can go to a club, who knows, you might actually find someone, girl you're starting to grow spiderwebs" and now I want to fight her

"It's not my fault I haven't found anyone I like, and I'm not desperate to have someone, he will eventually come through one day" she looks at me concerned, and then she crosses both her arms and legs. That's when you know she's about to come after you.

"You haven't even had your first kiss, pecks from kindergarten don't count, and you're such a beautiful girl I don't even understand what's up with them" you are next to me, fuck I wouldn't even be looking at myself while next to you either. Camilla has always been the one catching all the attention, not in a bad way, but I can definitely feel the difference, and sometimes I find myself pondering about how to be more like her. Or at least to be more open. Wine can actually help. Never drank anything else either. I'm at the base of anything.