05:00 am

The road runs under the car but I don't feel a thing, not even the feeling of motion. I look at the mirror, and I just see a girl, her face paler than milk, and her eyes redder than her lips. I lay my head on my hand, watching as large flats skim to the back of my eyes, sensing a strange gut feeling that hits both my brain and my stomach. I hear the wheels steer as we take a large turn, and I see the cafe me and Camilla went in yesterday. We stop at the red light, and I can clearly see the blonde girl opening, turning on the lights inside and starting the radio on the speakers. Before I can see further, we start again, the green light reflecting at the side of my eyes.

I feel my heart shrinking, needing the world to stop, time to stop, just to get a brief break from this. My throat is threatening a sob to come out, but I just watch the road, eyes wide open to prevent me from crying. I know I'm not going home, I don't have a ticket for fucks sake, but my mind is not wanting to accept anything else than bullshit. My thigh quivers as I sense his hand creeping on it.

I look at him, focused on the road ahead of us. He's serious, but I see his hard gulps from his throat, which gives me hope that he feels the same things I'm feeling now; shame, anger, delusion, but I know his perspective is different. I smile, feeling a bit better knowing I'm not alone right now, not for long though. The large airport sign shines, and the sky is cracking up to a clear sunrise. It's not night, It's not morning, It's that time in between day and night that has both stars, the moon, and warm colors on the same sky. I feel the car turning, and suddenly we're stopping, right in a parking spot. Neither of us opens a door.

"You'll be late for the check in" he turns his head, but I don't. I just observe him from the side of my sight range. I take my purse on my lap, and I find the guts to turn to him. He's beautiful. I know I should be saying handsome, but right now he's beautiful. The light hits his eyes, hurt but hopeful, them being the first thing that gave my heart a scare when I first saw him over the scene, looking at him while the bodyguard dragged me over the barricade. Now that's just a memory, but once was the present. How weird is that?

"I did it online" I finally answer.

I see his eyes squint, and we start laughing hard. He puts his hands on his eyes, still laughing "God this is the most romcom scene ever seen to man" we tear up from laughing, looking crazy to anyone passing by the car, but one thing is sure: our tears are not sweet.

"I think that line is delivered in every romcom too" I laugh harder, and my stomach contracts. I feel him opening the car door, and as the cold air touches my face, I don't feel like laughing anymore. The fresh morning air gives me that agitating sense that any would mistake for excitement, but in reality It's all just anxiety. He opens the door for me, and I exit the car with a crude regret. I feel a gentle need to cry and throw myself off the airplane, but I just stay put, looking down with a soft smile.

Nonetheless, he takes my luggage and we enter the airport silently. I see that my doors are about to be closed, and I feel him squeezing my hand.

We take off running.

"Hey, hey, sorry, I'm sorry" We get through people like shape shifters, just like we did back there, but with less drunk people threatening us to smash a bottle to our heads. We arrive at the controls, and there I can't help it. I start trembling, weeps muffled before now coming out triple powered. I throw in a tray my rings, earrings, and anything else, while he helps me.

The fight, the firsts, the lasts, all in one night. My heart can't take it,and I can't help it but cry and make a fool of myself in front of the entire airport. He kisses my head, and in between my sobs I try to say something "I'm so scared"

"Scared of what Ver" oh fuck your british accent now Owen.

"I'm scared of not seeing you again, I don't want to leave this for a promise, I can't deal losing you, and we fucking know eachother since yesterday, It sounds so stupid" he laughs, and It influences me too.

"Do you trust me?" I look at him "Do you trust me to make it so that we can meet again?" I laugh, and I see older women frowning at us for blocking the line. A small part of me hopes to lose the flight.

"Of course I do" I smile "You'll be the biggest fucking rockstar of the moment" he smiles too, and with this he pushes the tray into the x-ray box.

He kisses me, but It doesn't last. I lean on his hand, and all I can say is just "I don't want time to fly by without you, Owen"

He hugs me one last time, and before I go through the metal detector, he whispers something in my ear

"Things come and go," he says "that's the beauty of rock and roll"

This is a romcom.