People Can Change

You and Loki had decided that your best option was to hide in the library to figure out your next plan. You had called Wanda but wether she got the message was a mystery. She didn't really know how to talk in her head.

You realised that your plan could just be in vein. If she never got your message, you were both just waiting to Melody to find you. Eventually, the two of you would fight one on one. Maybe running was just you putting it off.

"What are you thinking?" Loki asks. He was sat against the bookcase, throwing his dagger up in the air and catching it again.
"I think that after this, if I survive, we need to go on a date" you say. "But I can't keep putting off fighting her. Maybe I should just march there now-"

"No" he cuts you off. "You're going to survive. You are a very good fighter, darling."
"So if she."
"You guys are basically on the same level" Loki shrugs. "It's probably going to look like two cats fighting."

"Oh, fuck you!"
"I'm kidding!" He smiles. "I do agree we need do go on a date though. Where would we go?"
"Anywhere" you shrug.
"We can't go anywhere public and we shouldn't just stay in our room. That rules out... 80% of Asgard-"

"Theres a thing on Midgard. They call it 'picnics'. You basically grab a blanket, put it on some grass and bring snacks to eat. Apparently it 'must be sunny' or whatever. Rain would 'ruin it'. Tonys words, not mine."
"So.. we eat food on a blanket?"

"Yep" you smile.
"Whose?"
"Uh... is the grass clean? Would the blanket get dirty?"
"I would assume so."
"Then Thors."

Loki laughed, looking down. "How was Thor?"

"Well, he left for half of my time down there. He found out about these infinity stones though. I think he's concerned about them or something. Sound kinda deadly."
"They are" Loki tells you. "The tesseract is one of them. The space stone."

"I know about the mind stone. A robot called vision has it in his head now so, luckily, we always know where that one is."
"Probably not an issue we'll ever get involved in" Loki says. "I'll let your Midgardian friends deal with that one."

"Unless they ask me to join them" you remind him.
"Well, the witch was one thing. You are never dealing with the infinity stones."
"I can't even hold one?" You joke.
"Are you daft?!"

"Hey!" You frown. "I know better than to let some stones kill me. But anyway, other than that Thor seemed fine. Still seems sad about you though."
"I see" Loki nods slowly.

Before he could speak again, the door beside Loki swings open. The two of you stand instantly, two guards walking in. In a state of surprise, you wield your sword and drive it unto the first ones head.

You turn, guilt filling you as Loki takes down the other one.
"And to think he was innocent" Melody says, walking in. "Did you think you could hide forever?"
"Took you long enough to find us anyway" you respond. "I was actually falling asleep."

"Whatever" she rolls her eyes, taking out an axe and throwing it towards Loki's head. He ducks instantly, the two of you glaring at her in shock. "Oh, you two are adorable" she smiles. "You have your new toys, I have mine."

"Fuck you!" You scream, running towards her. She grabs a book, using it to shield herself and you drive your sword down. She kicks your legs, sending you to the floor before running towards her axe.

When you look up, her and Loki were rolling across the floor. She grabs her axe, throwing it blindly as Loki throws her into a wall. "Stop it!" He yells.
"I don't approve of your boyfriend" Melody snarls, grabbing a book and throwing it at him.
"Hey!" He frowns.