combination

Once Shadow returned, he saw Sonic, Amy and Tails chatting on the sofas. Apparently Sonic!VBoom has left.

He walked over to them and stood beside the couch Sonic sat on. If it was intentional, he had no clue.

Amy put her cup of tea down and welcomed him, "Hello, Shadow."

Sonic, who was drinking a cola, turned to look at him and petted the space next to himself. He invited, "Come on, Shads, sit down."

Shadow politely declined and continued standing. Sonic urged him to sit down, with a few jokes but when Tails sighed and Amy rebuked [disciplined; criticised] his behavior, he laughed and stopped after sliding a bit farther into Shadow's direction. 

Shadow ignored it but Amy raised an eyebrow at him. Sonic in response just grinned and shook his head.

She hummed and continued their conversation, "But speaking the truth, you are the cuter version of my Sonic."

Tails agreed and took a mint from a small box in his hand. "It's not really hard surpassing his level, even if I would like to disagree."

Shadow raised an eyebrow at the interaction. He wasn't sure why but he was somewhat feeling unpleasant...?

He put his hand on his hips for a bit more comfort after putting down the disastrometer. Tails put down his mind box as well and stated, "You have found another emerald  I see." Although it looks more like a shard.

Sonic and Amy mustered the shard in Shadow's hand. Sonic reached for it but Shadow retreated his hand and furrowed his eyebrows, "Whatever your thinking, stop it."

The hero tilted his hand smiled at him, "What do you think I'm thinking about?"

"Probably something stupid."

Sonic rolled his eyes and sat back in the couch. Shadow observed him for a bit longer before turning to Tails and asking, "Where have you put the other shard?"

Tails lifted an eyebrow, "In the workshop... So it is a shard? "

As he turned around he informed, "Yes, I have found some inscriptions mentioning that these are shards."

Sonic's ears flicked and he straightened, "So are these what we are looking for or not?"

"I hope so...", Shadow sighed.

The black hedgehog skated to the second building  and walked over to a table with the shard next to it. 

The blue gem's glow shone on the wall it leaned against and the closer he got the more the purple one in his hand shone brighter.

As Shadow stood at arm's length from the shard, he felt his crystal move.  His gaze moved downwards and he saw the purple crystal begin to float towards the other.

He stepped back, his eyebrows furrowing in the process. Whatever was happening surely wasn't normal. 

He could feel both pressures and powers affected one another. The force was quite high and he needed to drop his ears. The drumming grew more.

Shadow noticed how the two shards merged once they came in contact. Afterwards the pressure wave died down and the presence of the now merged crystal was way more powerful. Shadow sighed and stepped to it after making sure it was safe. 

The shards had merged into a pastel shade of light purple. But the glow had a blue color. The form had grown more massive but less spiky and smoother.

Shadow thought about the warning. He had not noticed anything bad happening nor was there a creation. From which he concluded that there probably existed either one or more shards.