it's just a fight

Shadow's ears stood erect and he felt his muzzle burn up. He was about to shout but cleared his throat and asked, as calmly as he could, "What?"

The embarrassment did not subside as his voice cracked. His stomach made flips after flips. He disliked the feeling. Hating would be exaggerated, there was something funny and charming to it.

He looked over at Sonic who now was quiet once again. Shadow raised an eyebrow. Wasn't he the one that induced it? Why was he suddenly the silent one?

Shadow noticed how the other's muzzle had turned a slight shade of pink and his ears upright.

They heard a feigned [played; fake] cough and turned to Amy. "I'll be going back home now, do you want to come as well Sonic?"

Both Sonics looked at her but the pink hedgehogs gaze was on the taller version. As she strode over to him Sonic!VBoom confessed, "Actually I-"

"Oh, don't worry you can do that later.", she said, interrupting him. 

The taller version of Sonic was getting dragged out of the workshop. Even Though he tried to fight back, he gave up after the girl wouldn't let him stay. "Yeah- ugh. I'll be going as well. I have some things to do at my workshop.", Tails said awkwardly.

Shadow and Sonic furrowed their brows. They were in Tails' workshop, weren't they. Did the other just look for an excuse to get away? But before they could ask, Tails had already left.

Knuckles was the only one left. They turned to him. The echidna did not want to leave. He said, "I actually like the tension here."

Tension? They continued staring, making the buff male uncomfortable.

Apparently he changed his mind pretty fast as he ran out the workshop a few moments later. 

Standing alone in the workshop were Sonic and Shadow. Both having been shaken up by the conversation before.

Sonic rolled on his heels. He was getting uncomfortable with the silence. "Soooooo... do you wanna fight?"

Shadow gave him a raised eyebrow and hooded lids. Sure he has fought his other version before but it wasn't like fighting the blue hedgehog. There was something enticing about fighting the hero that made it special. He took a beat before saying, "I guess... but why are you asking for it?"

Sonic rubbed his head and waved his hand. "Well I wouldn't like to destroy Tails' workshop."

"That is true." Shadow did not want another Nine to awaken. His eyes wandered to the ground for a second. Long enough for Sonic to run out of the workshop.

The agent waited a moment. He dashed out the door, taking Sonic by surprise who dodged it by jumping to the side.

He spun around preparing for the incoming attack. Shadow was already on him with his fist. He blocked it and thrust his knee in the other's gut. 

He grinned when the other couldn't deflect it. But his victory was short lived when his leg was grabbed and he was thrown over Shadow's shoulder.

Dann, this hedgehog had strength. His guts pulled tighter and his chest heaved as he stood up, pushing his thought away. 

Sonic rolled into a ball and dashed at Shadow, who did the same but spun the opposite reaction. Because of this the rotation was repealed.

As Shadow took up on speed, he broke Sonic's momentum. Taking him off guard and pinning him to the ground. 

The blue hedgehog was pressed against the sand. Sand had been spread along his quills and fur. He spat out some sand that got into his mouth. Shadow was covered in sand as well although not as much as the hero. 

Sonic laughed and said, "I still think sand is overrated."

Shadow's gaze did not waver while Sonic waited for a reply. The hero took it that the other was thinking about something as his gaze was slightly tranced.

He took this chance and wrapped his legs around the other's waist turning them around. His stomach tingled when he observed their new position. 

It didn't take long before he curled into a ball and crashed against the Shadow's ribcage, who grunted in response. 

Sonic jumped off Shadow and brushed his fur and quills off the sand. He looked over at the ebony hedgehog and snickered, "Look who's on the ground."

Shadow repressed a growl and jumped at Sonic, who jumped to the side. unfortunately shadow grasped his arm holding him in place. Sonic smiled invitingly competitive. Shadow raised a brow. The blue hedgehog ducked, jumped over shadow who had slightly loosened his grip and kicked his legs on the other's arm. 

The ebony hedgehog let go, not taking a second before punching Sonic, who flung a few feet away. His body bounced off the ground and he steadied himself before dashing over at Shadow. He swung his leg at his head but his rival blocked it.

Shoving the leg aside and grabbing Sonic's neck, Shadow pushed him into the sand. He held him down, squeezing it tightly. Sonic winced as his air circulation was cut off. His hands moved to Shadow's arms and tried to push it away. His head was growing lighter as he felt his eyes and lungs hurting. 

Shadow noticed Sonic's flailing getting less, he slightly loosened his grip, letting Sonic breath. He smiled down at him, "Look who's on the ground."

Once again the blue hedgehog wrapped his legs around the other's waist. He tried to turn them around again but Shadow's tension was too high so that he wouldn't move. that resulted in them being closer than before. 

Sonic did not take his time in observing their position, only focusing on winning against Shadow. He now had regained enough oxygen to push himself up and wincing his hands behind the agent's neck. 

Raising an eyebrow, Shadow let himself get distracted, causing him to get pulled down towards Sonic, who used this moment to flip them around. Sonic stared down at Shadow with lidded eyes, now getting aware of their position.

He did not know what caused him to do it but suddenly his lips were on the other. Shadow's eyes widened. The muzzle of both hedgehogs have turned a shade of red.

The agent although reluctant, didn't want to break the closeness. Perhaps the mood has worn off on him. Because instead off pulling away he pushed Sonic to the side rolling them over again. The sand in their quills has started piling up. His mouth pressed closer Sonic also pushed against him.

The way both sides crushed against each other not wanting to loose or rather submit, it has grown into a fight between them. While kissing Sonic pulled on Shadow's quill that flowed down.

Shadow furrowed his eyebrow understanding that the other would play dirty. His hand squeezed down on Sonic's neck again frequently controlling his breathing. 

Sonic felt his heartbeat pick up noticing the lack of air while breathing through his nose. Even though he liked the challenge he pulled away, his hands moving to his throat that Shadow released. the blue hedgehog's eyes had begun tearing up.

Shadow stood up and gazed down at Sonic, who had sat up. His chest heaved and he smirked at the victory. Although he liked the win, a vein had still popped up above his eyes. The agent brushed the back of his hand over his lips, wiping away some saliva. "Don't do that again.", he warned him.

The blue hedgehog laughed and tilted his head, hias hand still rested on his neck. He noted, "Really? Because it seemed that you liked it"

Shadow huffed and walked away. Sonic was left sitting on the ground.

He let himself fall into the sand and let out a breath. He unfocused his eyes, replaying the scene in his head. 

What has gotten over him? Or more so, why did he like it. he loved their fights but this felt different. Was it a goof change? Would it change something between them. Probably. That was a stupid question. Of course something would change between them. 

He should be gald if Shadow would even want to be in his proximity after this. Maybe he has scared himm away for real now.

Sonic sighed and closed his eyes.