Failure P2

His body felt like it was on fire. The world spun as he held his head in one hand. Sonic looked around himself. Did they do it? Were they home? 

Many thoughts spiraled through the hero's head as he tried to regain orientation. He guessed the headache wouldn't subside by the end of the day. He groaned and let himself fall back. His quills got enveloped in a strange sensation. He let out a confused noise, as he turned to the side and breathed in a few grains of sand causing him to begin coughing. His hand coming to his throat. 

Sand? Green Hills! -or not? 

He looked around himself. He knew Green Hills had beaches, but none of this size. He fell back into the sand. He wasn't back in Green Hill, was he? Sonic groaned, looking up at the sky. He sat up and held his hand in one hand. His head began to ache because of the brightness of it.

The blue hedgehog looked around himself, searching for his friends.This didn't look like any dimension he was in before,. It did look similar to No Place, but there had been less sand and more water. He looked himself up and down. Noticing that his gloves and shoes had changed again. Weird...

He stood there for a second admiring the new design. Bandages were now wrapped around the normal design of his shoes and gloves and spread halfway up his shin and forearm. Who cares it looks cool!, he thought as he swirled and smiled brightly. He wondered what these shoes could do.

Sonic stopped. If he was here, did it mean Shadow was as well?

He couldn't help the tiny jump as he quickly ran off into one direction, not caring if he went the wrong way. Something in his guts told him that he went the right way. Happily the hero sped through the new area. He started slowly, noticing that his bandages stayed put on his body, so he picked up speed.

The farther he moved from his earlier spot, he noticed a mountain forming in the middle of the island. He kept running by the shore, using it as a guide line. Every now and then he saw a tree, which after a while grew into a real thicket.

The sand beneath him felt weird to run on. It sometimes gave away under him or his foot slipped, so that he could't reach his full potential. He groaned. Soic knew that he needs to adjust first. 'But this is soooo frustrating.!'

The tingling in his whole body and the growing headache was starting to trouble him on running straight. Sonic huffed he slightly distanced himself from the shore, making sure, that he wouldn't fall into the water.

Even though he did not want to leave the prism verse he missed his home. And so far he had not seen his friends or alternatives of them. He just hoped that he would reach Shadow soon. 

The hedgehog slowed down realizing that Shadow has never truly entered a prism verse. Was there even a chance he was here? Where even was here?

Now that Sonic thought about it, he wondered what had happened before he woke up. It was all kind of fuzzy. He remembered his energy getting extracted, the others helping him get back home, eventually Shadow assisting him. But everything after that was- blank.

He shrugged. Perhaps he would ask Shadow if he found him. Slowly uneasiness began to settle in his guts. Sure it hadn't been long since he started running, but the distance he ran was quite far.

Maybe he did choose the wrong path. "Ugh..."  His ears twitched at the low voice.

He ran off towards the direction the sound came from, it was near the woods. After a brief moment, he caught sight of a red streak in the yellow and green surroundings. "Shadow.", he shouted.

The silhouette flinched when he called his name. The black hedgehog raised his head and stood up. Sonic could feel the piercing stare of his rival from meters away.