the finale

Sonic, VBoom and Shadow got into a fighting stance, while the others were shocked by the reveal. Sonic!VBoom snarled, "Always taken you for a bench warmer Egghead. Never one that's supposed to be a star."

Doctor Robotnik looked down from his new robot. They could see him wearing an earpiece. His voice blared out of some speakers, that were probably in the middle part or the legs. "Perhaps you're not always right, rat."

Shadow's doppelganger stood atop the giant robot not moving. As if he were a puppet waiting for the string to be pulled. Sonic had a Déjà-vu. He did remind him of Metal Sonic, just a bit more alive and Shadow-like.

Sonic seized up and braced himself on his knees trying to keep his balance. He wanted to be useful if they had to fight Eggman. He took a breath and straightened. Shifting when his legs mildly shook.

Before Tails could check anything on his device, a robot destroyed it. Tails sprang back before Sticks' bumerang cut it's arm off. The rooter looked like the normal crab-bots Eggman has used while fighting them. But now they had apparently gotten an upgrade.

It's spikes had grown sharper. The legs larger and the end had a few spikes attached to it. The shears had been made more mobile. Wires were now visible of the broken off arm.

The fox exclaimed, "Hey, I thought we could rely on time-outs!"

The doctor laughed, " Not anymore, fox. We have played that game for far to long."

Amy swung her hammer for warmup while Knuckles rolled his shoulder. Sonic!VBoom shouted, "And what's with you, Shadow? Are you rolling with egghead now?"

Said hedgehog did not respond in anyway. Shadow had an uneasy feeling about it all. First Robotnik had taken the crystal and now he has either developed a whole new IQ or the doctor has shown his real face.

Sonic was vaguely shaking but was ready to fight nonetheless. The portal was still building itself. At first the plan was to leave as soon as it was finished. But now he and Shadow needed to help the others.

The speakers flared up once again, "He was always 'rolling' on my side. Who wouldn't help their creator."

Shadow's eyes widened and Sonic's ears perked up. Knuckles, Amy, Sticks and Sonic!VBoom had not reacted to that fact until Shadow had shouted, " That is certainly not true. I am sure that YOU are not his creator. Perhaps you have found him, but definitely not created!"

Sonic's gaze drifted towards Shadow. The other's ears stood erect and his muzzle was scrunched in anger. Sonic felt his ears drop. Even if this wasn't their universe, it would still be hard for Shadow to accept that another version of himself was possibly made by Eggman.

A laugh sounded through the speakers, "Perhaps you are correct Shadow..."

Although Shadow was relieved he still did not lower his guard. Shadow!VBoom on top of the robot's head, just gazed down at them. His eyes met his counterpart. But he did not remember their talk. Did not remember the memories the other had shared. His inhibitors shone a light red color. His stare was blank just as his mind. Filled with motiveless anger, he waited for his command.

"But I created him...

There was another doctor, my grandfather," Shadow knew that name very well, "Gerald Robotnik. He had plans on creating the ultimate lifeform. But none had ever succeeded."

Shadow clenched his fists. If that was the case than Maria would have had no one to spend time with. No one that would have given her the hope that she received from him. That one day, they would travel to earth.

Ivo took a breath, "His last creation on the other hand was different. It held more power and channeled it even better than any before."

The agent's ear twitched. He was talking about him. Shadow!VBoom felt his chest growing heavier.