condition

Shadow met Amy on the way back to Tails' house. He had asked her if she had seen Sonic. The blue hedgehog hadn't been seen since the challenge the two performed. 

Amy unfortunately did not know and suggested that the two would go back to where they had been left together. Shadow obliged and followed her. He did not like to admit that he actually forgot the way. But thanks to Amy He did not need to know.

"Who won?", she suddenly asked as they were walking down a small path. 

Shadow watched her as he answered, "It was pretty close. I would like to say that I won, but I am not sure."

The pink hedgehog let out a laugh. She pushed a branch aside and asked, "So how did you get up?"

Shadow stayed quiet.  It was embarrassing to him. If he had told anyone that he was wrapped around a tree like a koala, he doubted that anyone would believe him.

Amy noticed his discomfort, "Let me guess, the two of you wrapped around the tree like some baby hugging their mother."

He felt his muzzle burn up, "Well, I wouldn't describe it like that..."

She grinned and slowed down, "We should be here every second."

Shadow hummed and slowed his pace as well. The agent looked around themselves. The trees had started to grow thicker and only left the small path they were walking on. The sun that illuminated through the leaves let the atmosphere seem green and yellowish.

After a few moments the trees left an opening to a free area with the same two trees the two hedgehogs had climbed before.

Once Amy was inside, she called out, "Sonic?"

When there came no answer, she shrugged and assumed, "Welp, guess he's not here."

She stepped aside so that Shadow had more room to observe. The black hedgehog just stared at her in disbelief. Had the others been searching like that as well?   No wonder they hadn't found Sonic yet.

He sprinted over to the tree sonic had climbed before. Perhaps he was still up there. He was about to dash to the top when a blur of blue caught his attention.

He stopped in his track and turned to the object that has caught his attention. There, in the ground, lay Sonic. But he looked worn out and his fur slightly turned gray...

Shadow's eyes widened at the realisation. He ran over and gently pushed the other's arm with his shoe. 

As Sonic stayed limb on the ground, the rival began to panic. He thought that it was over. And right now, right here, he had no idea of how to help him. 

He slightly bendt down and grabbed his arm to hoist him up. But Sonic slipped out of his grasp and hit the ground, again without moving but a grunt escaping him with a wrinkle [frown; pucker] of his eyebrows.

Shadow groaned and shot a short glance over at Amy who has tilted her head in question. She wouldn't be able to carry him, would she? 

The black hedgehog had not intended to get anywhere in contact with the blue hedgehog. He sighed and got on one knee. He shoved an arm under the legs of Sonic and the other under his upper body. 

He straightened back up. Sonic's body slumping against his chest. He looked down at him. His heartbeat sped up.

The way his head hung down on his chest and rested against him. The slight fold of his ears. 

He clenched his teeth. Suppressing the lump that was beginning to form in his throat. He skated over to Amy, who started worrying as she saw the figure in his arms.