Cave glow

Tails had been under Shadow's surveillance [observation; monitoring] while he had worked with the gem. After getting used to the cold and steady gaze on him, he had gotten far enough that he had remodeled the disastrometer.

Now the device received and broke the pressure waves of the gems, giving them a rough location of where they were. Fortunately the waves of the emeralds were different than any other frequency.

When they were done. Tails had explained the black hedgehog that they just needed to be near an emerald to detect them.

Shadow asked if he could take care of the device. Tails had no problem since he had designed it for them anyway, he only mentioned to be careful with it.

Shadow nodded and told him that he would be going to look for an emerald while Sonic was passed out. If Sonic would wake up, he would entrust him to this Amy.

She was the one he trusted the most. She was already watching over him with the other Sonic, who was probably sleeping. Sticks had returned to her home and Knuckles had left as well.

Perhaps the hedgehog had used this as an opportunity to do something alone. This time he would not be disturbed. Unlike last time. He let out a muffled [damped] annoyed sound as he thought about the encounter with his other self. 

The agent stepped through the forest of the island. His eyes dropping on the disastrometer in his hand. The handle had a yellow design on top was a screen. Tails had adjusted it so it would only detect the gems. It had a turning knob on left and two pins on the right. 

He did not want to switch something on it but the temptation was to high. He dropped his hand to the side not wanting to fall for it. Shadow sighed and looked around himself. He had no idea where he was going but as long as he found a way back it would be no problem.

Shadow followed his guts a bit longer until he reached the bottom of the volcano. He sighed as he looked at the device in his hand. It did not have any reaction until now. He wasn't even sure, if this device even worked. Shadow walked along the edge of the volcano. 

This was even more frustrating than his missions. After a bit of walking the disastrometer began to vibrate and started beeping. Shadow looked at the screen. It has marked his spot with a small green dot. But now it showed another yellow dot not far from him. 

Shadow took it as a sign to skate over to it. Even if it wasn't an emerald it would be worth a try. he crouched before speeding over to the dot. He wondered if this device would stop beeping soon. It has started growing annoying. 

The closer he got to the destination the louder it got. He groaned and flicked his ear. Stopping for a moment.

Shadow could only guess that either the knob or the pins were volume regulator. He supposed it would be the knob since Tails had played with the pins to regulate the receiver.

He turned the knob towards him and thankfully it got quieter.relaxing in the silence he followed the screen and stopped infront of a cave. 

Despite it being the middle of the day, the cave seemed to absorb the light and harbor the darkness. Shadow had come face to face with many caves and holes but none had ever held this presence. 

The cool air from inside got to him. But thanks to his genes he neither got cold nor did he get shivers.

Thanks to his ability to see in the dark. He never had any problems in going out at night or exploring caves. He stepped into the cave and mustered his surroundings. The walls were dry, there was no hint of the walls ever being wetted.

The path infront of him was neat [maintained] and clear. His eyes shifted towards the end of the tunnel. Even though it seemed to be endless, he could make out a small glow in the distance.