emotions or not?

The four waited outside the workshop. It didn't take long until another pressure wave spread along the atmosphere. Sonic leaned against the wall of the workshop when he could no longer hold himself steady.

Shadow looked over his shoulder, Sonic reassured him with a small nod. The agent turned around reluctantly.

Tails put his ears against his head while Amy did not seem to be affected until now. Sticks walked besides Knuckles as they came over. 

Shadow instantly took notice on how big this shard was. As Knuckles held it against his chest it took in almost his entire ribcage. Now he understood what the problem was.

As Sticks arrived she first said, "Whatever you two decide to do, just know I got an eye on you."

Amy walked over to the badger and calmed her down, "I'm sure they'll soon be gone, after we give them the shard."

Sticks crossed her arms and squinted her eyes at the blue hedgehog leaning against the wall. "Looks like his energy is getting extracted by the force of the gems."

"Excuse you.", Shadow said perplexed.

Tails informed, "She sometimes *always* says random things. And somehow they are even correct. I still have no scientific explanation for it."

The ebony hedgehog scrunched his muzzle as he eyed the badger. Sticks had no problem returning the derogatory [downgrading] gaze.

"Uh, guys. Can I put this thing down. It's hurting my head.", Knuckles asked while he shifted the shard.

Tails reacted, "Yes come with me, Knuckles."

The fox and echidna went into the workshop, Amy and Sticks following. Sonic was about to go as well but noticed Shadow not moving.

"You comin', Shads?"

The darker hedgehog did not turn around but instead looked around. "No."

Sonic raised an eyebrow but shrugged, "Well I'll be inside."

The blue now went after the others leaving Shadow behind. When Sonic entered the workshop, he noticed that the two pressure waves from the crystals were much larger than before. His chest heaved and he stammered to sit at one of the workbenches. His mind has gone blank as his ears began to ring. He put his hands above them.

The glow of the two crystals became brighter as Knuckles placed the giant shard a little next to the other. Everyone had moved to a safe distance as the pressure was becoming too much.

Sonic had his ears pressed against his head, just like the others. Sticks still seemed very skeptical as she only moved further away. Tails on the other hand looked amazed. His tails swaying behind his back.

As Knuckles distanced himself as well, the five watched as the two shards began to float towards one another. The green and purple glow mixing as they got closer.

The combination process took it's time. Since the shards were both quite big, they had more mass to combine. Tails was about to step further into the pressure to examine but Amy stopped him and pulled him a few feet back. He sighed but accepted it.

Sonic did his best to stop the ringing in his ears but it wouldn't go away. "Hey, spy," Sticks shouted so he could hear her.

His gaze wandered to her and he saw her holding setting that looked like headphones. The hedgehog tilted his head and the badger rolled her eyes and tossed the funny looking device over at him.

"Be grateful I'm helping you. Wouldn't have you dying here, it'd be a mess to clean up." With that she walked away, leaving a confused Sonic behind.

He looked at the headphone but instead of the usual earpieces they were replaced by something like aluminium. He considered his options, either keep this ringing or try this thing on with the ringing continuing or stopping.