A small nap

When Shadow returned to the beach house, the sun had already began to set. He saw a light shine through the window and made out the silhouette of Sonic(VBoom) in the hammock. The agent entered the house looking for his version of the blue hedgehog. But he did not see him.

Shadow turned towards the slacking being and asked, "Where's Sonic?"

"Here.", came a short replies. 

Annoyance spread through his chest and he was glad to have been given space before. He took a deep breath before trying again, "My Sonic?"

The other raised an eyebrow. He sat up and rubbed a hand through his quills. "Ookayyy... Weird,", he commented. Shadow clenched his jaw. "Nah, dude. He's with Tails. I only got one bed." 

He was with the fox? Again... The agent was still conflicted with the past events. Even though they had in the end befriended Nine, he had still betrayed Sonic. Not only once. The blue blue seemed to notice his distress as he told him, "Just down the shore.  Now let me sleep."

Shadow nodded. He has no intentions of staying anyway. Sonic(VBoom) laid back down. As Shadow left, he was about to close the door. Remembering that there was none, the agent wondered if it was safe enough to have no door. But than again that cocky mobian could robbed for all he cares. After all he had almost nothing.

He sped off down the side, where a small beach volleyball court was. He only now noticed, that he did not ask in which direction he should go (down the shore was a really good description of the shore goes both ways). He just hoped that this was the right way.

Fortunately he had chosen the correct path. Soon he saw the tip of Tails' workshop. the hedgehog was relieved not to go turn around again.

Shadow skated over. Noticing that the garage was open and light shining through he went into that direction first. He hoped to meet Sonic, so that he could talk with him about the situation and his new discovery. 

As he stepped into the garage a tall fox spun around in a chair holding a scroll. "Shadow.", he noted.

The fox set his map down and stood up. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I am looking for Sonic.", he said while looking around the workshop.

The fox walked over to the plane and got out a screwer. "He's in the house to the left."

Shadow thanked him before skating to the other house, which looked like Sonic's house as well, with the additional door. He pushed the door opened and was amazed by the tidiness of the room. It was furnished with a small kitchen island and cooking area, as well as a couch in front of a table and a partition wall.

He spotted Sonic sleeping on the sofa and walked over to him. He peered down at Sonic observing the slumbering figure. 

His heartbeat sped up and throat tightened. the memorie of the past event still lingering in his mind. His hand was outstretched reaching for Sonic.

The front door opened and he quickly retracted his hand. Shadow's gaze fixated on Tails, who was still closing the door. "Whatever you did before that seems to have really worn him out. ", he commented lightly as he walked over to them. "He immediately fell asleep once I showed him the couch."

Shadow wouldn't deny that. The extraction did have it's affect on Sonic's body. Just maybe a bit too much. 

"Ah, sorry. You must be tired as well.", he ran over to the isle and pressed a button on the wall. Shadow took a few steps back, when a sofa was lowered from the ceiling. Apparently it was attached to metal chains, like a traction mechanism.

"Actually, I don't need to sleep.", Shadow informed.

The fox nodded his head and walked over to Sonic. "To be expected. Our Shadow doesn't sleep as well." tails gazed down at Sonic. "It's weird to see a smaller version of Sonic... and you."

The agent hummed and sat down on the couch, his eyes never leaving the fox. Tails laid down next to Sonic and snuggled up to him. "What are you doing?", shadow asked irritated.

Without turning around the fox answered, "Well, Sonic and I used to cuddle each other when we were about to sleep. I kinda miss it. He's always running around at this point of time, only slowing down for Amy, if possible."

Shadow now wondered if his version of Sonic and Tails had cuddled each other to sleep. His guts twisted. Rouge has been the only one to truly physically engage with, like cuddling or sometimes (rarely) petting, since Maria. He can still remember the rumbling in his throat as he purred out of content. On the ARK he has been taught that not only cats, but also guinea pigs, hyenas, racoons, hedgehog and other animals can purr. He has been taught much more of course but maria seemed to be intrigued by that fact and had always tried to make him purr since.

Rouge has only managed to catch him one time. It was after one of their missions. Both of them were exhausted, shadow had been wounded but healed himself. They had settled down on the couch after shadow has made some food and Rouge has put on a movie. Shadow would never confess to Rouge that the bat couldn't cook. Right through the movie he had made himself comfortable on Rouge's thighs. The bat began to pet his quills,, which seemed to have a comforting effect on the hedgehog.

Purring was said to be soothing to others, which is why Shadow could reason that when Sonic and Tails used to cuddle with each other, Sonic would have purred back then.

Lost in his thoughts, the black hedgehog hadn't noticed that a little time has passed. Tails was already asleep, sonic had enveloped him in an embrace, or rather has put his arm above the curdled up fox.

Shadow suppressed a yawn. Admittedly, the journey has also had its effects on him. His legs felt a little sluggish and his eyelids were drooping slightly. The Sonic Booms he had performed were also tiring.

THe agent let his body fall to the side as he turned over onto his back. The sofa was softer than he had expected. His eyelids growing heavier. Why did he care about sonic at this particular time?  Was it because he was getting to know him? But there was something else something nostalgic even.