Vile replica

"MILENIA?!", Sonic shouted, getting weird looks from everyone, Shadow included. 

"Well, it's only a myth...", Knuckles commented. Shadow hummed in acknowledgement. 

Sonic (VBoom) stepped closer to the echidna. His head slightly tilted to one side. "And how do you know? I've never heard of such a rumour.", he stated.

Sonic raised an eyebrow and put his hand on his hips. Amy agreed. But Tails spoke up, "Well, I have infact heard of it. But there was no proof to this theory." 

The black hedgehog furrowed his eyebrows. "But ther is a possibilty that it could be true."

Sticks butted in, her stance was defensive and wairy, "Why do you need to know?"

Shadow raised an eyebrow at the badger. His demeanor became slightly snide when she came into his field of vision, the previous comment not forgotten. "If you did not happen to notice, we are looking for a way back home."

"And where is this home? Eggman's layer?", she spat out, holding eye contact. He slightly bared his teeth at her. 

The blue blur noticing the tension stepped between them, just as Shadow was about to provoke her more. "Woah, there fellas.", he laughed. His hands were up on both sides, a couple of inches away from the two. He turned to his companion with an exaggerated smile. "Shads", he began, catching the hedgehog's attention. "Why don't we just... tell her what we really want."

.

..

... 

"What?", the agent asked with a perplexed expression. What was the other talking about

"HA!", she exclaimed victoriously before turning to her friends, who were unsure of how to react. Amy was conflicted, because of the story, Shadow had shared with her. It seemed real and the emotions he showed as well. Sonic (VBoom) even though, he began to like teasing the smaller version of him, began to get ready to fight them. Tails was sure that they weren't sent from Eggman. So he asked, "Why did you fight against Eggman then? And why did you reveal it to us? You could have fooled us if you kept on going with your cover."

Sonic relaxed and slumped his shoulders. "Why should we work with Eggman?", he questioned.

The ebony hedgehog groaned and told him, "Because you made it appear that way."

He gave his head a slight shake and scrunched up his face, "When did I say that."

Shadow raised an eyebrow and internally asked, if he was serious right now. But seeing the other's reaction, he truly did not have a clue. The others eased up once more before Amy asked, "Then what did you mean?"

The badger still revelling in the exposure was not aware of the ongoing conversation. Sonic blinked and stayed silent. He sometimes blurted things without meaning. His brain was slower than his mouth, fortunately that was not the case when nine fired the beam of prism energy at him. His mind was fast enough to keep up with his body. 

"Uuuh- Well...", he stammered inept [helpless]. The eyes boring into him, made his skin burn. Shadow just stood at the side and waited for the blue blur to explain. 

"Geez-", he laughed. "I ah- don't really know what to say..."

Sonic (Vboom) crossed his eyes and looked at him with half lidded eyes. "Really? It's not like we're asking for your makeover, just tell us what you meant."

Sonic zoned in on the commentator and admitted, "Would be nice though."

The other let out a sound of annoyance before Tails asked, "Did you even have any idea of what you were about to say?"