Chapter 10

Daniel's Pov:

"I'll inform the judges. You did good out there, young man." the doctor said, and walked out followed by the refs. "Damn it!" I said. Avery squeezed my hand, and rubbed her thumb over my knuckles. "Honey, I get it." mom said, "Hey you were great." "Daniel, you would have won if they hadn't cheated." Ali said. "You know Daniel, people only cheat because they know they'll lose." El said, trying to lighten the mood. "Just leave me alone a minute." I said. Avery kissed me. "We'll be outside. I love you.'' she said, then her, Ali, mom, and El walked out.

Mr. Miyagi started to walk out but I stopped him. "Mr. Miyagai, do you think I had a chance of wining?'' "Win, lose, no matter." "That's not what I mean." "Hai, good chance." "Well can you fix my leg with that thing you do?" I asked. "No need fight anymore." Mr. Miyagi said, "You prove point."

"What point? That I can take a beating? Every time I see those guys they're going to know they got the best of me." I said. "I'll never have balance that way. Not with them, not with Avery," I sighed, "Not with me." After a short pause Mr. Miyagi said, "Close eye." He placed a hand on my forehead.

***

Avery's Pov:

Ali ran over to the announcer and said something to him I couldn't quite hear. "Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight? Daniel LaRusso's gonna fight!" the announcer exclaimed, "Now that's what I'm talking about folks!'' "You can do this baby. I believe in you." I said, "Just breathe and stay focused." "Thanks Ave." Daniel said, and started walking to the mat. "Oh wait, one more thing!" I said, running over to him. "What?'' I cupped his face and kissed him. "I love you." I smiled. He smiled really big, "I love you too."

He limped over to his line on the mat. I walked over to the bleachers, and stood next to them. I was to nervous to sit down. Johnny and Daniel bowed at the ref, then at each other. "Fight!'' the ref yelled. Johnny charged at Daniel, but Daniel blocked his attacks and punched him in the stomach. Receiving the first point. They lined up again. "Come on Daniel, be tough!" Ali cheered. "You got this baby!" I yelled.

The ref yelled "fight" and Johnny knocked Daniel to the ground, but Daniel kicked him off him and got back up. "Come on Daniel!" El, cheered. "You got this Daniel!" Lucille yelled. Johnny went to kick Daniel, but Daniel ducked, and knocked him down. He hit him in the back, winning the next point.

"Come on baby! One more!" I cheered, "Just stay focus! You can do it!" He looked over at me then got on his line. This time Johnny kicked Daniel in the face, winning a point. They lined up again and after a long match, Johnny won a point, making it tied, 2-2. They lined up once more and after a very intense match, Johnny hit Daniel in the back of the knee.

The crowed gasped. I wanted to go over to him but I couldn't. El, put her hand on my shoulder. "He's gonna be okay sis. Daniel's strong, he'll be alright." she said. "Come on Daniel! Be tough!" Ali cheered. "You got this baby! Stay focused! You can do it!" I shouted.

They lined up. Daniel began lifting his leg and moving his arms in- my face lit up as I recognized the move. Daniel was doing the crane kick. "He's gonna do it!" I said excitedly. "Fight!'' Johnny ran at Daniel, but Daniel jumped and kicked him right in the face. "Point LaRusso! Winner!"

The crowed erupted into cheers. I ran over to him, and hugged him tightly. "I told you you could do it!" I said. "That you did." he laughed. People began surrounding us, cheering. Johnny took the trophy from the ref and handed it to Daniel. "Your alright LaRusso!" Johnny shouted. I smiled at Johnny. Maybe not all Cobra Kai's are monsters. Just maybe.

Daniel wrapped an arm round my waist and I put my elbow on his shoulder. He began cheering. "Hey Mr. Miyagi, we did it! We won!" Daniel yelled to him. Mr. Miyagi was beaming with pride. Daniel looked down at me and smiled. I looked up at him and returned his smile. I placed a hand on his cheek and kissed him passionately.

THE END