Chapter 7

Avery's Pov:

The next day, Daniel, Mr. Miyagi, and I went down to the beach. Daniel had to balance while the waves were hitting him. I'd done this before, it took a while but I got it.

I looked over and saw a couple of stumps in the distance. I walked over to them and climbed onto of one. I began practicing a kick called the crane kicked. I'd been working on it for a long time and finally got it.

"Good work Avery." Mr. Miyagi said. "Thank you." I said, "I've been practicing." "I see." He got on one of the other stumps and also practiced the crane kick.

I practiced a few other moves while we were out there, and Mr.Miyagi worked on a few with me. It was fun getting to do practices like this. I hadn't done this in a while.

After a couple hours we had finished. "That enough for today." Mr. Miyagi said. "Okay. Hey thanks for training with me." I said, smiling. He smiled and nodded. I went over to my towel and watched Daniel. He tried so hard, but kept falling down. It was kinda funny.

After a few more minutes, I saw him heading my way. I picked up my things and ran over to him, and handed him his towel. "Thanks Ave." he said. "You're welcome."

The three of us headed back to the truck. "Hey what were you guys doing on those stumps over there?" Daniel asked. "It's called, crane kick." I said. "Does it work?" "If done right, no can defend." Mr. Miyagi said. "Could you teach me?" "Must learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule Daniel-san. Not mine."

"Where'd you learn it from?" Daniel asked. "Father teach." "You must've had some father man." he said. "Oh yes."

When we got to the truck, there were two men who were obviously drunk, standing there. "Hey look, kids got a pet Nip." one man said. "You know any tricks kid?" the other asked.

"Excuse, please. Boy cold. Must leave. Kindly remove bottle." Mr. Miyagi said. One took a sip from his beer bottle and placed it on the truck. "Kindly do it yourself, Mr. Moto." he said.

Mr. Miyagi let out a karate cry and hit the tops of the bottles off. The men stepped back shocked. Even I was surprised. I never knew Mr. Miyagi could do that. The men quickly grabbed the bottles and left.

"How did you do that?" Daniel and I asked. "Don't know. First time." Mr. Miyagi said, climbing into the truck.

***

Daniel's Pov:

Mr. Miyagi and I were on a boat in the middle of the lake. Avery was on her paddle board next to us. She told me how she liked to come out he on her paddle board a lot. We came to a stop and I threw the anchor into the water.

"Good. Stand bow." Mr. Miyagi said. I bowed. "No not bow! Bow." I looked around confused, and looked over at Avery for help. "Up!" "What up front?" I asked, and Mr. Miyagi nodded. I stood at the front of the boat. "Make rock. Side, side. Breathe in, breathe out." he said, "No scare fish."

I started practicing some moves while making the boat rock side to side. "Hey when am I gonna learn how to punch?" I asked. I'd been wondering that for a while. "Better learn balance first. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good." Mr. Miyagi explained, "Balance bad, better pack up and go home. Understand?" "Yeah I understand." I answered.

"Hey you ever get into fights when you were a kid?" I asked, after a few minutes of silence. "Plenty." "But it wasn't like the problem I have, right?" "Why? Fighting, fighting. Same, same." "Yeah, but you knew karate." "Someone always know more."

"You mean there were times when you were scared to fight?" Avery asked. "Always scared. Miyagi hate fighting." "Yeah but you like karate." I said. "So?" "So karate's fighting. You train to fight." He stared at me for a moment. "Is that what you think?" he asked.

"No." I said. "Then why train?" I looked over to Avery for a minute then back at Mr. Miyagi. "So I won't have to fight." I said, finally. He chuckled.

"Miyagi have hope for you Daniel-san." he said. "When am I gonna learn how to punch?" I asked again. "Learn how punch, when you learn how keep dry." he said, rocking the boat.

I lost my balance and knocked into Avery causing both of us to fall into the cold water. She screamed and grabbed onto me when we came up. "Oh Daniel-san, Avery, you all wet behind ear." Mr. Miyagi said. He was laughing really hard. Avery was even laughing too, throught her chatting teeth.

She looked so pretty, even if she was soaked.
-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: So um funny story, I had to write this completely from scratch, because for some reason I didn't write this in my draft notebook so yeah. Anyways, I hope you like it. I mean I don't think it's that bad. The next chapters gonna have a little drama that you can use your imagination for. But I'm gonna go to bed now, it's like 11 and I have becon testing tomorrow so yeah. Love you!!! Bye!