Chapter 5

Avery's Pov:

The next morning, I walked over to Daniel's apartment and knocked on the door. Lucille came and opened the door. "Good morning Avery, come on in." she said with a smile. "Morning Lucille, is Daniel up?" I asked, walking inside.

"Yeah, I'm up." Daniel said walking into the living room. "You ready to go?" I asked. "I guess." he responded, "Bye ma." "Bye Daniel, bye Avery." she said.

We walked down to Mr. Miyagi's workshop. "Daniel-san, you know how drive?" Mr. Miyagi asked. "Yeah." Daniel answered as we got into the car. Mr. Miyagi handed him the keys. "Oh I'm not very good." Daniel protested. "Me neither." "I don't have a license." "Me neither." "Oh well I guess it's okay." Daniel said starting the car.

When we got the the dojo the boys were training. They were so aggressive and it scared me a little. They all lined up and made a square. Their sensi began walking around yelling things at them. Johnny was staring at us. "What is the problem Mr. Lawrence?" Kreese asked him.

Johnny said something to his sensi but I couldn't quite hear it. "Class we have visitors. Fall in." Kreese said. They all got into a line and Kreese and Johnny walked over to us.

"I hear you jumped some of my students, last night." Kreese said. "Afraid facts mixed up." Mr. Miyagi said. "You calling Mr. Lawrence a liar?" Kreese asked. "No call no one nothing."

The whole time Johnny was staring at me smirking slightly. It made me uncomfortable. Suddenly I felt someone grabbed my hand. I looked down and saw Daniel's hand locked with mine. It blushed and my stomach filled with butterflies. My heart was racing.

"Name a place." Kreese said, pulling me from my thoughts. "Tournament." Mr. Miyagi said calmly. My jaw dropped, and Daniel looked at me wide eyed. "You've got real nerve." Kreese said, walking away. "One more small request." Mr. Miyagi said, and Kreese turned around, "Leave boy alone to train."

"You're a pushy little bastered, but I like that. I like that." Kreese said, "No one touches the boy until after the tournament."

The three of us walked out of the dojo and to the truck. "I can't believe, what you just got me into. You said you where going to fix it." Daniel said. "I did. Save you two months of beating, to train." "Oh that's just great." Daniel said.

***

We pulled into Mr. Miyagi's driveway and got out of the truck. "Avery inside please. I need to talk to Daniel-san." Mr. Miyagi said. I nodded and walked inside. After a while I looked through the window and saw Daniel washing a car. I decided to go out and join him.

I picked up a sponge and started washing. "Hey, you gonna help me?" he asked. "Yeah. I went through this training before. Thought I could help you out." I said. "I still can't believe you never told me." he said. "Well technically you never asked." I said. He just rolled his eyes.

After about two hours we had finished washing almost all the cars. "I gotta go, I'll see you later." I said. "Alright see ya." he said. I started to walk away when I stopped.

"Daniel, I need to to promise me something." I said, "I need you to promise that you'll trust the process. I know it's gonna seem like nothing but trust me, you're doing it for a reason." He stayed silent for a moment. "I promise." he said.
-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Eh I don't know how I feel about this one. It's definitely not my favorite chapter, but we had to put it in there. The next one though....I really like. Anyways bye! Love you!