Chapter 8

A/N: Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that there's some drama in this chapter but you won't find out what the drama is until the end of the chapter. Just to make it clear so you're not confused on what's going on. Anyways that's all. Love you!! Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------

Daniel's Pov: (Skip to his birthday cause I feel like it.)

The tournament was just around the corner and I was training harder than ever. I was a lot better than when I started. The only thing missing was Avery. She'd usually train with me or just watch, but lately we haven't talked much. Anytime I see her she just looks hurt of betrayed. I don't know what happened that made her so upset, but I just wish she'd talk to me again.

I was pulled from my thoughts when all the lights in Mr. Miyagi's house turned off. Mr. Miyagi walked in carrying a cake, singing happy birthday. "Make wish." he said, when the song came to an end. "I know what I was wishing for." I said. I was wishing things would go back to the way they were between me and Avery. I really missed her. Not only was she the girl I was in love with, but she was my best friend.

Mr. Miyagi reached under the table and pulled out a box. "Number one birthday present." he said. "Oh Mr. Miyagi, what did you do? You didn't have to do this. "I said.

I opened it up and inside was a gi. "Oh Mr. Miyagi, this is great. This is great." I said, flipping it over to the back, "Hey, where'd this patch come from anyway?" "Mrs. Miyagi make it. Long time ago." he said. "Hey if you ever want this patch back I'll understand." I said. "I know you understand." he replied, "Try on."

I put it on and it fit perfectly. I started doing a few moves in it to make sure it worked. "Today you get driver license?" "Oh yeah! Look at this." I said, pulling my license out of my wallet, "Check that out." "Congratulations." "Thanks. Kids legal now." I said, putting it away.

"Hmm, I never knew you and Avery sweetheart." he said. I looked up and realized he was looking at our photo from the first time we hung out. "Yeah, well we're not." I said. "Why? Look good together." "Well, right now she won't even talk to me. I'm pretty sure she hates me." "Never know unless you talk to her." he said, "To bad mother not here."

"Ah shoot! Shoot! Damn!" I said. "What wrong?" "Oh Mr. Miyagi I gotta go. I was supposed to meet my mother." I said. "It okay. Miyagi have mother once too." he said, "Come I have something to show you." "Where are we going?" "Number two birthday present."

We walked outside to the front. "Mr. Miyagi you didn't have to get me anything. You've done enough for me already." I protested. "Ata! Choose." he said pointing to the cars. "Oh no, I couldn't." "Hurt old man's feelings." he said.

I sighed and walked over to a yellow car. I got in the drivers seat. "Oh Mr. Miyagi, this is great. Thank you." I said. I then fell silent as I thought. "What wrong?" he asked. After a long pause I said, "I'm scared."

"Daniel-san, remember lesson one: balance." he said, "Balance not just for karate but for whole life. If balace good, everything good." He handed me the photo of me and Avery. I stared at it for a long moment, smiling, before putting it in my pocket.

"I understand." I said. "Now go. Find balance." "See you later." I said, pulling out of the driveway.

***

Avery's Pov:

Me, and some of my friends Aubre and Susan were all at the arcade together. It was Daniel's birthday today and I felt bad for missing it but I was still hurt after what happened. I hadn't spoken to him since it happened. I just couldn't believe he and Ali would do that to me.

We were playing a game when a familiar voice said, "Hi, how ya doing?" It was Daniel. I ignored him and walked over to a different game. "What's up with you?" he asked, "You haven't spoken to me in almost two weeks."

I ignored him again. "What did I do to make you so mad?" he asked. "Oh I don't know! Why don't you go asked Ali." I said coldly. "What does Ali have to do with this." "Heard you too have a thing for talking about people behind their backs." I said. "What do you mean?"

"Oh cut the bullshit Daniel! I heard the two of you talking about me." I said, before storming outside. I couldn't believe it! First he wants to talk bad about me, then he wants to act like nothing ever happened. I want to cry. I wanted to cry and scream and punch him, but I couldn't.

Daniel came up behind me. "Hey listen, I know you don't want to talk to me but will you hear me out?" he practically begged. "Fine." "So listen, Ali was telling me about one of her old toxic friend that they called Ave aswell. So when you thought we were talking about you we were actually talking about her old friend." he explained. "But that still doesn't explain why I heard my full name in your conversation." I said.

"Well I was tell Ali about how smart you are, and how telanted, and strong and brave." he said. My cheeks turned red and I turned away. "How amazingly beautiful you are and how inspiring you are, and how you always have an answer for everything. And...how lucky I am to be your best friend."

My face was bright red. "So am I forgiven?" he asked. I didn't respond. "I don't hear anything." I smiled and buried my face into my shoulder. He grabbed my hand turning me around to face him. He put one hand on my back, pulling me closer to him.

"You got say something." he said. I looked down then back up into his beautiful eyes. I had butterflies in my stomach and my heart was beating so fast. "You're forgiven." I said, half smiling.

He pulled me even closer and leaned in, placing a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled away but i pulled him back in. I put my hands on his shoulders, and he put his other hand on my cheek, still keeping his hand on my back.

It was pure magic. I loved it so much. I never wanted it to end. This was everything I ever wanted and it finally came true. It felt like a dream.

We pulled away slowly. "Wait, I thought you liked Ali." I said. "I've never liked Ali." he said. "But you two are always talking in secret and doing things together." "She was helping me figure out how to ask you out." He said.

There was a short pause but then he said, "I love you Avery. I always have. You and only you." I blushed, then smiled, "I love you too." He pulled me back in.

"Hey I gotta show you something." he said, taking my hand and leading me to the parking lot. We stopped in front of one of Mr. Miyagi's cars. "Ta-da! Mr. Miyagi gave it to me." he said.

"It's beautiful." I said. He pulled out the keys and handed them to me. "Here take a stab at it." I smiled and got in the drivers seat.