Chapter 2

Avery's Pov:

I walked downstairs and saw Eleaina in the kitchen cooking. "Morning El." I said grabbing and apple. I was about to walk out the door when she said, "Avery wait a minute." "Yes?" I asked.

"What's with the massive amount of makeup?" she asked, pointing to my face. I used makeup to try and cover the brusie on my face from where I got slapping. "I wanted to try something new. It's my first day of senior year, and I thought I'd try something new." I said, hoping she would buy it. She took a wet rag and wiped my face with it. "Ya sure?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

I sighed, "I just didn't want you to worry." "Well it's kinda hard to do that when you're constantly doing dumb shit." she smirked pointing to my bruise, "Now go take off all that makeup. You don't even look like yourself."

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face. "Much better." Eleaina said, "I'll be home late tonight. I have class all day and then I have to work late. I should be home around 11."

"Okay, see you later. Love you." I said and walked out of the house. When I got to school I saw Daniel parking his bike. "The glasses supposed to hide your black eye?" I questioned. 

"Yeah but it didn't really work. So I said I got into a bike accident." he answered. "Smart, Eleaina didn't really question, thankfully." I said. We stared walking to class. "You doing anything tonight?"

I shook my head, "Nah nothing really. I might go to golf'n stuff. If you wanna join." "Sure I'll meet you at the gate at 6." he said. "Sounds like a plan." Just then the bell rang and we headed to class.

***

I was sitting in Mr. Miyagi's workshop working on a Bonsai tree when I heard a knock on the door. I turned to see Daniel at the door. "Hey Daniel. Come in." I said, motioning for him to come in. He walked over to me. "It's not quite 6 yet, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I know, but I was bored so I decided to hang out with you." he replied. I blushed slightly. I don't know why, I just did. "What's that?" he asked, pointing to the tree. "It's a Bonsai tree. You can trim it to look any way you want." I said, "Here have a seat."

He sat next to me and I handed him a pair of scissors and placed a tree in front of him. "Oh no, I'm gonna mess it up." he said. "Non-sense, here close your eyes." I said and he closed his eyes, "Now picture the tree and how you want it to look." He nodded and I said, "Now open your eyes and make it happen."

We worked in silence for a while. "It really it beautiful." he said. "Hai it is." Mr. Miyagi said. "Hey Mr. Miyagi did you get the door fixed?" I asked. "It should be working fine now." he said.

"Thanks again." I said and checked my watch, "Well it's 6, we better get going." "Alright, just let let me grab my jacket." Daniel said and ran to his apartment. "Sweetheart?" Mr. Miyagi asked with a smile. "What Daniel? No way! He's my friend!" I said. But as I said that I couldn't help but feel like I was lying.

"Well I better get going. See you later." I said and headed out to meet up with Daniel. When we got to golf'n stuff we headed to the arcade and played a couple rounds of air hockey, which I won every time.

"You cheated!" Daniel exclaimed. "Do I sense a sore loser?" I teased. "Whatever." We then went to play some golf and ride a few rides. "I saw a photo booth over there. Come on." I said.

We ran over to the photo booth, and took a bunch of photos. Making different faces each time. "Let me see 'em." Daniel said. "No!" I laughed, holding the photos out of his reach. "C'mon Ave!" he whined, reaching for them. "Okay! Okay!" I said, handing them to him. "Oh no! Look at that." he said.

I smiled taking them from him. I ripped the pictures apart from each other. "I think those are two best friends having a great time together." I said handing him one.

"Best friends?"

"Forever!"

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I like it, it's not bad. I was rereading my draft book earlier today and I couldn't read chapter 1 because I changed it so much when I put it on here. Anyways I hope you enjoyed. Love you!

(I'm so used to putting "Love you! Stay Gold" but since it's not an outsider book we can't put that. Oh well. Byeee! Love y'all!!)