Chapter 6

Avery's Pov:

Daniel had been training for 4 days now. Well to him he thought he was just doing Mr. Miyagi's chores, but I knew the truth. I'd done similar things when he taught me.

He'd sanded the deck painted the fence, and today he's painting the house. "It's looking good." I said walking outside. "Thanks." he said climbing down the ladder. I handed him a glass of water and he took it greatfully.

"You know I don't get waht this is for." Daniel said, "I mean all I've been doing are these damn chores." I sighed, "Daniel not everything is as it seems." "But I don't understand how this teaches me karate. Like shouldn't I be learning how to punch and kick and stuff like that." he said.

"That's the same thing I said when I was first taught. But you'll find out what this is for soon enough. It's important trust me." I said. He sighed and looked down, then back up into my eyes. "I trust you." he said. I smiled slightly.

"Good, now get back to work." I said bossy. "Yes ma'am." he said laughing. "I'll see you later." I said, and walked out the gate. "Alright bye!" he called after me.

***

Daniel's Pov:

I walked up to Avery's apartment. I was excited to tell her what had happened after she left. I knocked on the door and Eleaina opened it. "Hey Eleaina, is Avery home?" I asked. "Yeah she's in her room." she replied. "Okay thanks."

I headed down to Avery's room and knocked. "Come in!" she said through the door. I walked in and saw her reading. "Whatcha reading?" I asked. "Rumble Fish. By S.E Hinton." "Didn't she write The Outsiders?" I asked. "Yeah she a great author. I really like her work." Avery said putting the book down, "Anyways, how about you? How'd training go?"

"Training! Right. So Turns out you were right all along. I really was leaning karate." I said. "I told you stupid." she said laughing. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. She smiled, and grabbed my hands. "What are we doing?" I asked.

"You'll see." she said, leading me outside. When we were outside she stopped and turned to me. "Show me what you got." she said. "What?" "Come on, show me what you got." Before I had time to respond she attacked me. I blocked all her attacks. We practiced for about 10 minutes.

"Impressive." she said, "But do you know how to block a front sweep?" "A wh-" But before I had time to finish my question she kicked my leg out from under me, and I fell to the ground. I looked up at her amazed.

"How did you do that?" I asked. She laughed, "I've been training for years. There's a lot that I know." "And all this time I thought you had no clue what you were talking about." I joked. She rolled her eyes and held out her hand to help me up.

I took her hand and pulled her down on top of me. We stared into each other's eyes for a while. She was so beautiful. Then she jumped off me. She was bright red and I could feel myself turning red too. "I should go. See you tomorrow." she said. "Yeah me too. See ya."

She waved goodbye before walking into her apartment. I walked into mine and got ready for bed. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop thinking about Avery and the moment that we had.

I got butterflies just thinking about it. She was so beautiful. After a while I slowly difted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey besties! So what do we think? It's a lot shorter but it's fine. I love the second half of the story. It reminds me of Miguel and Sam's first date. You know when he was showing her his moves and she knocked him down and kissed him. It's a lot like that, just without the kiss. Anyways I like it. I hope you have a good rest of your afternoon. I love you all so much!! Byeeee!!