Chapter 4

A/N: So I've been crying for the past hour. I had some really scary family things happen and then 5 seconds ago I watched a really sad Mr. Miyagi and Daniel edit. I wish I could link it up there but sadly I can't. So to make our day (or night) better we'll be listening to "Teenage dirtbag." (if u don't want to you don't have to listen) Anyways enough rambling let's get to the book. Enjoy! Love you!
-------------------------------------------------------

Avery's Pov: (Skip to the halloween party cause why not.)

I walked down to Mr. Miyagi's workshop where Daniel is. I wanted to get his opinion on my costume. "What do you think?" I asked, spinning. "A Lakers cheerleader. I like it. It suits you." he said. I blushed, and looked down. "You sure you don't want to come?" I asked looking back up.

"You no go Daniel-san?" Mr. Miyagi asked. "Yeah, I'm not much of a dancer." Daniel replied. I sighed, "Ali's waiting for me, I'll be back soon. See you later." "Bye Ave." Daniel waved. I smiled at him and walked out to Ali's car. "Hey Ali." I said getting in the car. "Hey Avery. Daniel not coming?" she asked.

"Guess not." I shrugged. "That's okay, we can have fun without him." she said. I smiled and we drove to the school.

***

Ali and I were dancing when I noticed someone walking around dressed as a shower. "Hey look it's Daniel." I said. "Really?" "Yeah you should go over there." I said. "I don't want to leave you alone." she said. "I'll be fine. Plus I know you have a thing for him." I said winking. "I don't have a thing for him." she said.

"Oh c'mon, I've seen the way you two look at each other." I said, "You two obviously have a thing for each other." "But what about the way you look at him. Or are always blushing." she said, "I can tell you like him."

"What! Me like Daniel? No way! He's my best friend. Besides you two like each other. Go hang out with him." I said. "Fine, I'll go over there but you can't fool me. I know you're true feelings." she said. "Yes and that feeling is friendship." I replied.

She rolled her eyes and walked over to Daniel.
My heart hurt. It hurt to know that they liked each other.

After a while I got bored and went over to them. I heard them talking about something. "What are you talking about?" I asked, sticking my head through the curtins. "Ahhh!" the both screamed, jumping. "Sorry guys. I didn't mean to scare you.'' I said laughing slightly. ''It's okay, just maybe give a warning next time.'' Daniel said. "Well I kinda did warn you." I said. "Yeah okay, whatever." he said rolling his eyes.

"Hey look at that chicken over there." Daniel said. Ali and I turned to see someone dressed as a chicken. "He's got real eggs." Ali said. The chicken started walking towards us with an egg in his hand. "Oh no, he's coming!" I said, laughing. "Oh no! No no!" Daniel yelled, as the chicken slammed an egg on his head. Ali and I burst out laughing.

***

Ali and I were waiting for Daniel to get out of the bathroom. He was taking a while trying to get the egg out of his hair. Suddenly Daniel ran past us. "What's going on?" Ali asked. "It's coming around!" Daniel said, handing her the shower head. Johnny and his friend came running out too.

I took the shower head from Ali and tripped them with it. "I'll call you later." I said running after Daniel.

We had almost made it home when they cornered us at the fence. "Grab her!" Johnny yelled. Tommy grabbed me. "Let me go!" I shouted. I tried to get free but he had a strong grip on me.

Johnny punched Daniel in the stomach and slammed him against the fence. He then kicked him in the face. They beat him so bad he couldn't stand on his own. "Johnny he's had enough!" Bobby yelled at Johnny. "I'll decide when he's had enough!" Johnny yelled back. "Look at him he's had enough!"

I look over and saw Mr. Miyagi climbing over the fence. He began fighting the boys. I stepped on Tommy's foot and elbowed him in the stomach. Then I flipped him over me.

I ran over to Daniel and dropped down next to him. "Daniel?" I asked, but he'd past out. They really beat him bad. Mr. Miyagi came over and picked him, carrying him into his workshop.

Daniel's Pov:

I shot up as soon as I smelled the awful smell. I went to take the rag off my forehead when someone stopped me. "Daniel-san, leave on." Mr. Miyagi said. "It stinks man. What is this?" I asked. "It smells really bad but it heals good." Avery said, pouring a liquid from a kettle into three cups.

"Hey where'd spider-man go?" I asked. "Who?" "That guy who bailed me out. Where'd he go?" I asked again. Mr. Miyagi chuckled and Avery grinned a bit. "Wait that was you." I said, and he nodded. "No way." I whispered.

"Why no way?" "Because-because-" "Because old man." Mr. Miyagi said, chuckling. "Here have some tea. It'll make you feel better." Avery said, handing me a cup. I sat up and took the cup from her. "How come you never told me?" I asked. "You never asked." he replied simply. "Where'd you learn it?" I asked. "Father."

"I thought he was a fisherman." I said. "In Okinawa all Miyagi know two thing: fish and karate." he said. "Well could you teach me?" I aske hopeful. "Depend." "On what?" "Reason." "How's revenge?" I asked, half joking.

"Daniel, karate is for one thing and one thing only: self defense." Avery said. "Hai, fighting always last answer to problem." Mr. Miyagi said. "Well that's not what these guys are taught." I said, setting the cup down. "There no such thing as bad student. Only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do." Mr. Miyagi explained.

"Oh great that solves everything for me. I'll just go down there and sort things out with the teacher. No problem." I said sarcastically. "Now use head for something other than target." Mr. Miyagi said. "I was only kidding about that." I responded. "Why kidding?"

"Because I'll get killed if I show up there." I said, "Would you go with me?" "No can't." "Why you said it was a good idea right?"

"For you good idea. For me good idea, no get involved." he said. "But you're already involved-" "Very sorry." he said cutting me off. We sat in silence for a few moments.

"Well thanks for nothing then. Thanks for nothing. Like I didn't have enough problems already." I said, getting up and storming away. "Daniel-san." "What?" "Okay I go." he said.

"Oh excellent. Excellent. Mr. Miyaji this is great-" "Miyagi." Avery said, correcting me. "Miyagi. Miyagi. Hey what kind of belt do you have?" I asked. "J.C Penny. $3.98." He started laughing and Avery laughed too. "Oh I didn't mean a belt like that." I said.

"Daniel-san, karate here." he said pointing to his head.

"Karate here." he said pointing to his heart.

"Karate never here." Mr. Miyagi said, pointing to his belt, "Understand?"

"Yeah I understand." I said. "Good, meet here 10:00." he said. I nodded and Avery and I headed to our apartments. "Night Daniel, see you in the morning." Avery said. "Night."

I watched her as she disappeared into her apartment. I remembered what Ali had told me. "You have to tell her, before it's to late." Ali's voice said.